 Technic / 2380
Re: Two original Technic creations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 2000 12:14:13 GMT

Tobbe Arnesson wrote:

It occured to me that you can drill a hole in the 8 tooth gear in the
same size as the one in the 16 tooth ditto. Not a "pure" LEGO solution
but still a solution.

Thanks Tobbe - I had actually thought of that, and I was a cat's whisker
away from doing so, despite the warnings from another lugnetter that the
structure of the 8 tooth gear may be too weak to handle being "rebored",
but fortunately I thought of another solution just in time. I still think
it is something worth trying though, as it could be a very useful part to
have.

I have actually modified another part in my latest creation, the
justification being that I solved the problem with a "pure" lego solution
first; it is just that the modified part is more robust, and actually a
very logical piece. In actual fact I cut a couple of the wide ridged
technic bendy tubes as well, but I don't think that counts :-)

Congrats on the Cool LEGO site of the week award, you deserved it!
http://www.lugnet.com/

Thank you!

Jennifer Clark