 Technic / 11934
11933  |  11935
Subject:
Studless Technic models
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 11:18:51 GMT

Hi,

last of my today's spam flood ;-)

As I've built Backhoe yesterday, I still don't get that Lego move. Why
did they replace _ALL_ technic bricks with studless beams? I think that
the beams have 'right to live', for styling the outer parts they're
invaluable and models look better.

But the traditional approach of building from bottom to top (few technic
bricks, some plates, some additional bricks and 90deg beam connections
is IMO much more logical _and_(!) in line of previous Lego experience of
the builder. This studless way of building is IMO much more complicated
and completely different when compared to traditional Lego brick
building. Not mentioning that attaching a beam to 4-5 pins is a pain.

So the questions are:
1) What was first set without stud?
2) Have anybody tested backhoe on animals^H^H^H^H^H^H^H children? Is it
really possible that 11 years old could assemble it without problems?
3) Have anybody of you tried to build studless MOC?
4) Should we bother TLC with this issue too?

--
Jindroush <jindroush@nospam.seznam.nospam.cz>
Remove both 'nospam's from the address to reply.