 Technic / 11947
Re: Studless Technic models
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 16:32:48 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Jindrich Kubec wrote:
"Kevin L. Clague" wrote:

Hi Jindrich,

  Thanks for your open minded responses.

<snip>

I for one will be very unhappy if you somehow make LEGO stop creating studless
beams.  If LEGO were to stop making studded beams, I would be equally upset.

Does it *have* to be an exclusive decision?

Nooo, I like the studless beams. Just I don't think it's good to make
studless-only sets as they're too different and you need totally
different approach while building them, making it less
flexible/compatible.

I guess my long winded post was unneccessary......

Wimpy beams have been getting a lot of grief lately, so I guess I had pent up
energy about that.

Wimpy beams provide no new assembly problems than studly beams.  Joining two
studly beams with 6 pins is hard, exactly the same diffulty as with studless
beams.

Kevin