 Technic / 11964
Re: Studless Technic models
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 17 Jan 2004 11:49:15 GMT

Allan Bedford wrote:
Also, I hope you understood my question about what it was you were concerned
about.  I just wanted to clarify that I understood your original posting.  I
guess it looks like your biggest concern was the specific lack of studded bricks
in the series of Technic products... not that studded bricks had been replaced
altogether.

Yes.

It was your use of the phrase, "the beams have right to live" that made me
wonder if you were worried that the parts had been discontinued. I like to check
the intentions of the original poster because I don't like to assume to always
know what people meant.

I should have written 'the studless beams'.

It certainly allows you to create things you cannot create without them.
You said a lot, with just that one sentence!

Of course, I'm not against the studless beams. I'm against replacement
of studded beams with studless in new Technic sets, rendering them
incompatible with System. Technic bricks/plates were good 'compatibility
layer'.

a)  I don't think this is the right time.  In all sincerity the color issue is a
major and potentially damaging problem that needs to be dealt with now.
Studless beams/struts/trusses/liftarms have been around for years.

Let me see - I'm against replacement of Technic Bricks. So, these parts
are replacements:
1x2 - http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/43857 - from 2002
1x3 - http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/32523 - from 2000
1x5 - http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/32316 - from 2000
1x7 - http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/x150 - from 2001
1x9 - http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/120 - from 2001
1x11 - http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/32525 - from 2001
1x15 - http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/32278 - from 2000

Wouldn't call this 'years'.

bye,
--
Jindroush <jindroush@nospam.seznam.nospam.cz>
Remove both 'nospam's from the address to reply.