 Technic / 11957
Re: Studless Technic models
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 23:07:02 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Steven Lane wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Steven Lane wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Allan Bedford wrote:

It is my belief that Technic studded beams will always be around, as long as
technic is around.  There are too many advantages of studded beams over
studless beams for them to go away.  So for me that is a non-issue.

Studless beams have advantages over studded beams.  The are narrower, in
that you can hook two studless beams side by side with pins into adjacent
holes in a studded beam.  Cannot do that with studded beams.

So, they both are a good thing.

Studless plus studded beams give us *more* options, than just studded beams.
This enriches the possibilities for MOCs.  This is a good thing in my humble
opinion.

Everyone can see that the two systems have their own advantages and that
combining the two gives the advantages of both, but thats not the problem.
The problem is that the 2003 sets had NO studded beams.

Here are sets in 2003 that have studed beams (technic bricks with hole(s)):

8381 - 2
8380 - 2
8384 - 2
8364 - 10
8357 - 2
7471 - 4  this one has studless beams too.
7470 - 35 this one has studless beams too
7469 - 19
7468 - 1
7467 - 3
7422 - 1
7420 - 1
7419 - 7
7418 - 2
7417 - 8
7414 - 4
7413 - 2
7412 - 2
7411 - 4
7410 - 2
7409 - 2
7405 - 10
7035 - 2
7034 - 8
7033 - 4
7031 - 4
4852 - 13
4850 - 2
4719 - 1
4483 - 40
4482 - 9
4480 - 2
4479 - 6
4478 - 10
4477 - 4
4476 - 1
4404 - 24
4403 - 30
4402 - 24
4100 - 2
4099 - 6
4098 - 2
4097 - 6
4095 - 40
4094 - 20
4093 - 28
4090 - 31
3548 - 3
2545 - 3
3538 - 12
3536 - 1
3433 - 14
3432 - 10
3431 - 6
3429 - 6
3427 - 6
10129 - 36
10124 - 15
10123 - 21
10029 - 27
10027 - 15
10021 - 6

Unfortuantly there are not a lot of sets with long beams.  Most of these sets
only have 1x2 with hole.

All of these sets pale in comparison to 8479 which has 106 studly's.  I know
understand what you want, and your point.

Kevin