 Technic / 11935
Re: Part colors?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 11:38:24 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Jindrich Kubec wrote:
   Hi,

I got my 8455 Backhoe out of the box yesterday. What puzzled me were strange colors of some parts.

Me too. I got mine the other day.

   In older Technic sets, some colors were tied to parts, for example 32002 (technic pin 3/4) was always DkGray.

Now it seems that all odd lengths axles are gray. But, is there any purpose of different colors when it comes to 32054 (technic pin long with stop bush) - backhoe has both black and blue and I can’t understand that. They seem functionally the same and are invisible on the model, so the aesthetics is not probably the reason.

Nope, can’t understand that either. This is a very odd phenomenon, and one only seen in one other set (AFAIK), the Dark Side Developer Kit

   The same applies to 3749 (Technic Axle Pin) which is Tan here (were always Gray, replaced by Tan in 2003???), and 43093 (Technic Axle Pin with Friction) which is blue (were black, now blue?). Again, the aesthetics can’t be the reason as they’re invisible.

The reason for the colour of those parts (Technic axle pin with friction and Technic axle pin) is so that kids can build the model easier and so that parts are easier to identify in a collection (when you have a mother that sorts all your parts into shape without chacking to see friction vs. Non friction, it can get a bit frustrating).

Just my two bricks

-Matt

“Make it so”