 Technic / *12601 (-100)
  Lego Mindstorms site down?

I usually get on the official Lego Mindstorms site fairly often to check for new MOC's on the inventions page and see what's going on in the forums, but for the last couple days I haven't been able to get on the site and it looks like it's offline. (...) (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Hailfire Droid wheel.

(...) But we definitely read your report: (URL)I took this pic so you can see the size of the wheel in (...) I was thinking of a large turntable (or more precisely, a thrust roller bearing). I'd lay it flat and run wheels (or something circular with (...) (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Hailfire Droid wheel.

(...) Can two of those mesh with each other as gears? In 90-degree angles? What kind of brick fits in the slot? 1 x 2? 1 x [how big]? I'm sure it will be tested as a lot of things by us gear heads, turntable, gears and what-not... Thanks for posting (...) (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Interesting crane site update was Re: Hailfire Droid wheel.

(...) Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Interesting crane site update was Re: Hailfire Droid wheel.

(...) Emulating Tobbes simplicity, try: (URL) (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Hailfire Droid wheel.

(...) no-one responded. I took this pic so you can see the size of the wheel in studs and see how it could be connected. It's very wide so even three turntables are too short to span the internal diameter. The slot is a brick wide (well, actually (...) (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Liebherr LTM1500 in progress (by Evert van Wichen)

(...) least suggest so :) Cool! Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Re: New application for the worm gear from TLC!

(...) I guess the answer to the "What will you make?" question in the end should be: "Gear dust!" :) Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Hailfire Droid wheel.

(URL) regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: BioniWars: AT-OA Pilot

David, Sorry about not posting earlier, but I'm really digging this whole line. You've been really prolific with it and I'm always looking forward to seeing more. Plus you've found a good use for all those spare Bionicle parts. :) Keep up the good (...) (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: BioniWars: AT-OA Pilot

(...) guy to stand out from his brother. I'd be interested to see the result of one with tubes that connect to the back of the helmet (be sure to update!). Thanks for the explanation with R2. I have a mental image of that now. I think I might go a (...) (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  BioniWars: AT-OA Pilot

Just imagine how cool the scale model AT-OA will look when I post it next week...NOT! It'd still be cool, though... (URL) (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: BioniWars: TOA Fighter Pilot

(...) You should like the next one then... (...) You mean the macrobinocs? Someone requested a view of the BatToa Droid gun when I first posted that, and I think I'll do a follow-up article on Monday with nice profile shots of all the guns and such. (...) (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: BioniWars: TOA Fighter Pilot

(...) I'm too impatient. When I want a part, I want it now. Besides, I've been using all of the Kopaka legs as fast as I can get them (notice that Kopaka comes with two, but most of the Toapers use three), I've only got one spare white torso right (...) (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: BioniWars: TOA Fighter Pilot

(...) David, I just went through all of the characters. (My apologies for not doing so earlier.) THESE ARE GREAT! Like Bruce, I'm really enjoying them. You've combined two very interesting themes and have been extremely creative. I think my favorite (...) (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: BioniWars: TOA Fighter Pilot

(...) Ya know, Bricklink can be your friend. Its better than paying the very high TRU prices. M (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: BioniWars: TOA Fighter Pilot

(...) I'm sure the local TRU is also enjoying them, as they're the only place in town that still has the original Kopaka in stock, and I've had to buy ten more just for this series alone (along with about six other regular Toa). (...) I figured I'd (...) (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Variable Transmission

(...) Yes it does, but you`ll have to perfect the gear ratios, mine didn`t run that well on 10+ year old Lego motors. (...) ratios? On the real tractor, yes. We now actually own one, and at lower speeds there is more torque. But with my lego design (...) (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: BioniWars: TOA Fighter Pilot

(...) -various bioniwars David, I agree with Tim. I haven't responded to any of the individual MOCs, but I'm really enjoying this series. Great work, and I'm usually not a fan of Bionicle. I think my favorites are Jango and the Super Battle Droid, (...) (21 years ago, 22-May-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: The Jamocklaquat - Technical Readout Visual Map

Pic for today - Technical Readout Visual Map TRVM Page (URL) Image (URL) Folder (URL) and Tech docs in progress. The Jamocklaquat - Technic Fig Scale Mecha - Fully Articulated Mindstorms Robot - 41 Motors - 1 VC - 12 RCX - 1 Scout - 2 Control (...) (21 years ago, 22-May-03, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Variable Transmission

Hi All, I am looking at ideas on how to construct a Constantly Variable Transmission. I have read Gerard Steenbeek’s post on his IVT system as used on John Deer agricultural equipment and had a look at the design. The original post is at (URL) (...) (21 years ago, 22-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Scania P124GB10x4/6 concrete mixer (scale 1:13)

I've uploaded the wrong html-files on Geocities. But the correct one is put on the Legotrucks site: (URL) one picture is not correct. But the rest is as it should be. Feel free for any comments. Dennis (...) (21 years ago, 22-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, lugnet.lego, lugnet.technic)

  Re: BioniWars: TOA Fighter Pilot

(...) Dave - I think the BioniWars stuff is great! Very cool models. You've done an excellent job of blending Bionicle and Star Wars. -Tim (21 years ago, 22-May-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  BioniWars: TOA Fighter Pilot

Shields? We don't need no steenking shields! Well, maybe we should reconsid...BOOOOM! Check him out before he gets promoted to the rank of Stardust: (URL) The pose is a little boring on this one, but it's tough to look dynamic while standing around (...) (21 years ago, 22-May-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 8880 Supercar

(...) Hi Kai, Looks like that car was pretty dirty when you got it. Nothing like a good laundry treatment ;-) I bought my 8880 on eBay supposedly "used", but all parts were shiny and brand new - I'm positive they've never been assembled even once (...) (21 years ago, 22-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New application for the worm gear from TLC!

ROTFLMAO!!! e www.biomechanicalbricks.com (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Scania P124GB10x4/6 concrete mixer (scale 1:13)

It has been a while since I submitted my Scania mixer for BimP. But lately I saw the model isn't vissible anymore on BimP (?!) That's why I made a new story for my website about this model. (URL) (in het Nederlands) The MAN tipper truck + Liebherr (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, lugnet.lego, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8880 Supercar

(...) This is one of my favorite sets. I've always admired the auto chassis from generation to generation. Your pictures are great. I'll have to get the dictionary out. I read the German and have almost no idea what I read. Regards, Paul (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  CAD/CAM/CGI magazine articles

Hello all, I was speaking with Tim Courtney about SIGGRAPH and mentioned a couple of magazine articles I had that I thought AFOL should be aware of. Please disregard this if it's already been posted (I tried a search with no luck, so here goes!) In (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: New application for the worm gear from TLC!

(...) Ok call me gullible. I got out the two parts and tried it! -Tim (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New application for the worm gear from TLC!

(...) and a 24T crown in such a way! LOL! (...) Kevin (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  New application for the worm gear from TLC!

ok.. this is not serious - I admit it right away - but see the new and improved way to use the worm gear with the 24t crown gear :) (URL) hope the flash-programmer has a good reason for that faulty second gear animation. Leg godt! (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: electron (rollker?)

(...) I saw this a couple days ago, it's pretty cool. It's even smaller than my Shorty design! The guy who built it uses the forums on the official Lego site,(that's where I found out about it) but doesn't get on Lugnet. I don't know if it can (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

great models and really nice site pixel "Dennis Bosman" <dennisbosman@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HF8Kyx.rvA@lugnet.com... (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Liebherr LTM1500 in progress (by Evert van Wichen)

Just saw Evert van Wichen's work in progress. He's building a Liebherr LTM1500 and his aim is to build it about 4 metres high! (URL) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Re: electron (rollker?)

(...) Rolloped? (...) movie)! Though it would not work very good w/o the cable :) Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  electron (rollker?)

hi i just found this moc i think the owner is not appearing here if i'm wrong correct me how could we name this kind of bot roller :) or rollker (URL) hope graham will not angry on me (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: BioniWars: SandToaper...s

(...) As I've said before, my favorites haven't been posted quite yet. (...) They were intended to be constructable action figures. I've found that the pieces lend themselves very well to any similarly scaled action figure. I've got six others based (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: BioniWars: SandToaper...s

(...) I've been looking at all of these as they show up, and I really like the SandToaper the best. The Bionicle parts really lend themselves to this 'genre', and I like how you maintained the posability. Your detailson the arm and leg parts i nice (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: BioniWars: SandToaper...s

(...) Er, whoops. Pasted the wrong text... Let's try this again: (URL) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  BioniWars: SandToaper...s

Today's post is actually a trio of models. One orange, one white, and one black, all with different boomsticks. Sorry, no dewback... lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New MOC: Car chassis

(...) Please find/take some pics of the roadster : ) (21 years ago, 20-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New MOC: Car chassis

(...) Cool... It reminds me of my little sports car (See Cool New MOCs page), which the hardest part was fitting all those mechanisms in that tiny car... and creating those mechanisms from other parts (problem that I think I'm the only one who has (...) (21 years ago, 20-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Some MOCs

Hi Eric, As a fellow lego mechanical adding machine entheusiast, I applaud your efforts. I'd really like to know how your machine works a little better. I've chosen a different route for doing the computation: pneumatics. (URL) I really admire your (...) (21 years ago, 20-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Some MOCs

(...) That would be most welcome since I have no clue how it's done :) Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 20-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  8880 Supercar

Hi, I hope you'll like my fotosets of the 8880 Supercar! it's just the original one - no manipulations, cause I'm realy buliding castles and medieval stuff...but still have some technic models build. More nice pictures of original sets are comming (...) (21 years ago, 20-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Some MOCs

(...) Thanks! I'm glad you like it. I'd love to provide a .ldr file. Oh, if only ldraw could render 36-tooth gears and Duplo tiles with numbers on them. :) Seriously, I do hope to eventually add a "How's it work" section to the web site, which will (...) (21 years ago, 20-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Help building a lego Cat D7

This is just a notice that I just posted updated pictures of the D7 on my brickshelf account. I say that I am getting there, it just needs a little tuning :) (...) (21 years ago, 20-May-03, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  BioniWars: Darth Vatoa

Standing a full stud above average, he's the Dark Toa of the Sith. Well, actually, through an odd fluke of design, the BatToa Droid actually stands a little bit taller, but he is actually taller than any of the Imperial Toapers. He borrows parts, (...) (21 years ago, 20-May-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: BioniWars: BatToa Droid

(...) My favorite ones won't show up for a few more days yet. (...) And I thought _I_ was weird... I admit it looks cute in a comical sort of way, but cuddly? Your car wouldn't by any chance be sporting any "Have You Hugged Your Battle Droid Today?" (...) (21 years ago, 20-May-03, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: New MOC: Car chassis

Bob Fay wrote: > This was my first visit to your site. Your chassis is really > impressive. The differential action along with your unique suspension > is very clever. That must have required a lot of rework to achieve > such a design. Thanks! I (...) (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Some MOCs

(...) Thanks, Tobbe. Following your advice worked perfectly the fist time. Thanks also for explaining what was happening. Best regards, Paul (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Help building a lego Cat D7

I have some pictures of the D7 both still and in action in my MSN group about bulldozers. ((URL) picture on the first model I tried to build is in my brickshelf gallery. ((URL) (Folder name is CatD7) I have not taken any pictures of the second one (...) (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: MetalAndMagic (was: BioniWars: Jango Fetoa, Intergalactic Bricky Hunter)

(...) Geez, I could never survive on a film camera. I think I've taken over 3500 shots on my digital camera by now, and a lot of those were discarded in favor of better shots. I even got a press kit at work, got my boss to let me take a 2 hour lunch (...) (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: MetalAndMagic (was: BioniWars: Jango Fetoa, Intergalactic Bricky Hunter)

Thanks for checking them out, Dave. I have a digital video camera that takes stills, but not very good ones. The best pictures on there are ones that I took with a 35mm and scanned in. I don't have access to that camera anymore, though. The Gremlins (...) (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Some MOCs

(...) Very nice! Now that you've found LDRAW to be easy to work with, when can we expect a .ldr-file for the decimal adding machine? :) That is simply awesome! I hope to see more! Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Some MOCs

(...) Right click the link and select "Save Link Target As..." or something similar. This is due to your browser recoginizing the .ldr-file as a text file and displays it's contens rather then downloading the file. This can be configured but I have (...) (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker

great absolutely the next step is back knee chicken walker maybe BCW could be good TLA :))) keep working regards pixel (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.starwars)

  BioniWars: Imperial StormToaper

They're the backbone of the Imperial Army. They vanquished a small squad of Rebel Troopers on the Tantive IV at great cost of lives...to themselves (and two bright shiny droids walked _safely_ through their direct line of fire). They got beaten up (...) (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker

I decided to take my little weight shifter and decorate it with parts from a Star Wars AT-ST mini. It doesn't look too great, but it walks well! (URL) 18 year old son Tony was not very impressed, so I decided to see if I could make one using the (...) (21 years ago, 18-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.starwars)

  What shall we do with a broken Apple?

Nice idea for a new Powerbook case: (URL) would like to see better and greater images... Regards, Michael (21 years ago, 18-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Wheels of 8357 Zonic Strike

(...) I hadn't, but since I don't have any use for them I checked it out a bit. (...) Yes and no. I _was_ able to get the rim edge to peel away from part of the rim by trying to roll the outer corner of the tire over with my thumb, which opened (...) (21 years ago, 18-May-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Synchronous Sequential Pneumatics presentation?

(...) I'd have to be sponsored. I'm not financially prepared to travel that far. Sorry, Kevin (...) <snip> (21 years ago, 18-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Synchronous Sequential Pneumatics presentation?

Any chance of a lecture at LegoWorld 2003 in Zwolle (Netherlands)? Duq "Kevin L. Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:HEzHnE.yHC@lugnet.com... (...) because I (...) design (...) pneumatics, (...) using (...) logic. (...) gate (...) (...) (21 years ago, 18-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Some MOCs

(...) Great. I like your adding machine and... Wow, you built an engine using the small cylinders! Nice job! I'd like to build it but I haven't figured out how to make the LDraw file viewable on MLCad. I only see lots of lines of text but don't know (...) (21 years ago, 18-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Some MOCs

(...) Fascinating.... (21 years ago, 18-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Wheels of 8357 Zonic Strike

I built my brand new 8357 Zonic Strike yesterday. I was surprised to find out that the tyres were already fit on the hubs. I actually tried to remove a tyre, but it appears glued! I didn't try any harder as I was afraid of damaging it. Anybody tried (...) (21 years ago, 18-May-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Some MOCs

(...) two numbers that combine to be greater than 10? I assume that if you add 4+6 it lands on the 0, since with only 1-9 to select from, there's no way to actually get a null value. Personally, I'd like to see the clock dial converted to a rotating (...) (21 years ago, 18-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Some MOCs

Hi all, I recently put together a web site to highlight some of my more interesting creations, including mechanical adding machines and a pneumatic engine. (URL) hope to add more details soon. -- Eric (21 years ago, 18-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Help building a lego Cat D7

(...) Chris. Do you have any pictures of your attempts so far? What scale are you trying to work at and what parts are at your disposal (I mean are you building it with technic parts or not)? How mush functionality are you trying to replicate? Do (...) (21 years ago, 18-May-03, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: New MOC: Car chassis

The chassis is great, thanks for sharing it. I *REALLY* like the E-Type, too : ) -JSM (...) (21 years ago, 18-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New MOC: Car chassis

"Alastair Disley" <aldisley@care4free.net> wrote in message news:3EC6B172.100030...ree.net... (...) The differential action along with your unique suspension is very clever. That must have required a lot of rework to achieve such a design. (...) (21 years ago, 17-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  New MOC: Car chassis

This is my attempt to compress the features of classic car chassis into a much smaller one, to hopefully fit inside 14 wide model cars. It's still a bit wider than that, so ideas for further compression are welcome. It features a V6 engine, gearbox (...) (21 years ago, 17-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MetalAndMagic (was: BioniWars: Jango Fetoa, Intergalactic Bricky Hunter)

(...) largely mecha-oriented. My guess is the reason they didn't go over too well is that they're mostly built using standard Bionicle/Throwbot frame styles. I've bumped into some people who think that if it's not big enough to bang your knee on, (...) (21 years ago, 17-May-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  BioniWars: R2A-D2A (ArToa-DeToa)

I don't think I've felt this twisted and evil since unveiling my NOAOKE BOHROK over a year ago... Anyways, this (along with the CloneToaper) completes the good-guy contingent of the BioniWars series, but I did have to cheat a bit to make a design (...) (21 years ago, 17-May-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Synchronous Sequential Pneumatics presentation?

(...) Yes, definitely! -TJ (21 years ago, 17-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BioniWars: Super BatToa Droid

Have you ever looked at a Super Battle Droid and wondered if they've got some sort of built-in timer, and when it runs out the head pops off? Or if maybe they used to have necks and anvils have repeatedly fallen on their heads? After going through (...) (21 years ago, 17-May-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  Ballista

Hi everybody, All that talks about Trebuchets and Catapults , I thought it's a great chance to show you mine. I actually built it a half a year ago, but havn't photo it till now. Anyway mine is a Ballista, it's made from some technic parts (spring (...) (21 years ago, 17-May-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Synchronous Sequential Pneumatics presentation?

(...) it (...) book! Cool! That was not my intent, but so be it. The book Brian is referring to is "Mindstorms Masterpieces", by Mario and Giulio Ferrari, Doug Carlson, Miguel Agullo, Hideaki Yabuki, and myself. PneumAddic II, and Synchropillar are (...) (21 years ago, 16-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Synchronous Sequential Pneumatics presentation?

(...) I think its fascinating and I'm sure others do too! I'd love to see the machines in action, and I'm sure you could provide insight to many with ways you worked to solve the building problems you ran into! I hope you can make it and I look (...) (21 years ago, 16-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Synchronous Sequential Pneumatics presentation?

I won't be at Brickfest, so a presentation wouldn't help me (unless it makes it to an electronic medium) but you have definitely just sold me on a Syngress book! -Brian (21 years ago, 16-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Synchronous Sequential Pneumatics presentation?

(...) Yes!! (21 years ago, 16-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Synchronous Sequential Pneumatics presentation?

Hi, I'm really into pneumatics because they can allow you to make "smart" mechanisms that do not require the RCX and sensors. When I first found out about LEGO pneumatics, I got quite excited because I thought I could map much of what I know about (...) (21 years ago, 16-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: The Jamocklaquat - Picture of the Day

Pic for today - Even giant robots like to just hang around. The Mecha can even sit up right in a chair, knees and hips bent to form. The Jamocklaquat: (URL) Jamocklaquat - Technic Fig Scale Mecha - Fully Articulated Mindstorms Robot - 41 Motors - 1 (...) (21 years ago, 16-May-03, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: My site is down :-(

(...) Maybe I'm a bit sleepy. Off Course I must be THIS MORNING ..... :) (21 years ago, 16-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Re: My site is down :-(

Tomorrow I went to my work at 6:30 to upload all html-files into my Geocities account (ADSL :) It only took about half an hour. Now my site is temporary hosted via Geocities --> (URL) now all linkages from other websites (maybe like yours) gives an (...) (21 years ago, 16-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  BioniWars: CloneToaper

If you've seen one, you've seen them all. Good thing, because I only made one of them: (URL) And you would not believe how hard it was to get the muzzle flash to glow for the header shot. I'm glad this is the only one whose gun shoots a blue (...) (21 years ago, 16-May-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: BioniWars: Jango Fetoa, Intergalactic Bricky Hunter

(...) Hrm. I hope you don't post any of the characters that I've got finished before I get to them... BatToa is one word, BTW. (...) I thought about doing that at first, but to tell you the truth, most of the larger guns look a bit dorky when (...) (21 years ago, 16-May-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: My site is down :-(

(...) The font (i.e. the shapes of Times New Roman) is fine. It's the character encoding -- which in this case is neither standard nor universal. The problem here is Microsoft -- it's one of their not-so-subtle attempts to subvert the Internet. (I'm (...) (21 years ago, 16-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Re: My site is down :-(

(...) Yes, that's true. The current limit on second-level domain name length is 63 characters. Alphanumeric plus -, basically. Assume a four letter name, like Lego, and that's still getting near a *google* possibilities, give or take a few powers of (...) (21 years ago, 16-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Re: BioniWars: Jango Fetoa, Intergalactic Bricky Hunter

(...) Whoops. I've yet to find a group that has a link to its charter, and in the web interface all postings filter down from the subgroups to the main group. It was late at night when I posted the first announcement, and I guess I thought it made (...) (21 years ago, 16-May-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: My site is down :-(

(...) Actually, I am. I pulled both of the characters from the Times New Roman (a universally accepted "standard" font) character map. If you can't see it, you must not be using a standardized font. I know that some fonts bump the non-keyboard (...) (21 years ago, 16-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Re: My site is down :-(

(...) Well, there is technically one way they can do it. They could spend gobs of money to register everything that you could possibly think of. I know Lucasfilm does that to a limited extent (type in the name of pretty much any major Star Wars (...) (21 years ago, 16-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Re: drawbridge

(...) True, but it's not hard to make up two studs on the first curve that you happen to get to. (or in this case, one each, if that's easier) So for the LEGO purist, this is a better approach. (21 years ago, 16-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: drawbridge

(...) Our club's first lifting bridge (by David Wegmuller) took that approach. The trouble is that it screws up the entire layout because everything is off by 2 studs. For David's second version, he had to modify the ends of the track connectors so (...) (21 years ago, 16-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: drawbridge

(...) Those are non-ASCII characters. If your browser/newsreader displayed them correctly you would see a sort of wavy line. Since only characters between 32 and 126 are guaranteed to be printable on all screens and to pass through all kinds of (...) (21 years ago, 16-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: I'm going to be busy.

Sorry, i meant to say its going to be a moc, and NOT an offical pod racer from star wars. Also, this is going to be a spare time projoct, as i work 40 -50 hours a week. And, due to scale and parts availible to me, it will not be scaled to the (...) (21 years ago, 15-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: BioniWars: Jango Fetoa, Intergalactic Bricky Hunter

(...) 'DOH! ya, I knew I was forgetting Something :/ And Dave, this would help because some people are subscribed to the announce.moc group and do not read the web interface that often. Posting too high up on the tree will miss you some visitors. (...) (21 years ago, 15-May-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: BioniWars: Jango Fetoa, Intergalactic Bricky Hunter

(...) Instead, try lugnet.announce.moc (didn't see Mark suggest that). -Tim (21 years ago, 15-May-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: BioniWars: Jango Fetoa, Intergalactic Bricky Hunter

Very cool and nicely done. I may have to steal er appropriate some of your designs. I really like the Bat Toa Droid as well. Would you consider a separate picture of the gun from that one? I like these - keep going! By the way, (shameless plug (...) (21 years ago, 15-May-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact