 Technic / 10385
Re: drawbridge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 16 May 2003 01:38:41 GMT

In lugnet.technic, William R. Ward writes:
Bob Kojima <bob@fial.com> writes:
Regarding the bridge:
How do you disconnect the rail when it's time to raise the bridge?
the rails on the lift span are not connected to the rest of the rails.
there is a separate power connector run to the rails on the lift span.
since the rails are not connected, there slopes on the sides to help
keep the rails aligned when the lift span is lowered.  if the tracks
are not level and aligned you can have a derail on the bridge.

Our club's first lifting bridge (by David Wegmuller) took that
approach.  The trouble is that it screws up the entire layout because
everything is off by 2 studs.

True, but it's not hard to make up two studs on the first curve that you
happen to get to. (or in this case, one each, if that's easier)

So for the LEGO purist, this is a better approach.