 Technic / 10280
Re: drawbridge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 4 May 2003 18:07:09 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Bob Kojima writes:
hi everyone,

a friend asked me to build a drawbridge for a train display.  so this is=20
what i came up with:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=3D42077

it is loosely based on the Hawthorne Bridge in Portland Oregon:
http://www.bizave.com/cgi-bin/photoalbum.cgi?photoalbum=3Dpdxbridges&slideta=
g=3DHawthorne

there are 3 spans.  each span is 96 studs long.  the center section lift is=
=20
about 64 studs high.  the bridge is amazingly strong, though i'm not really=
=20
sure how much weight it can hold.

bob

I've just seen a bridge that instead of being lifted up is instead lowered
under the water onto the river bed. That would be cool to see modelled. The
hard part would be covering up the lowered bridge with fake water. I suppose
a cover (representing the water) could slide into the bank. The bridge could
then descend and the cover close again kinda like thunderbirds tracy Island :-).

Steve