 Technic / 10202
Re: drawbridge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 18:39:55 GMT

Wow! Nifty. That's a nice big one! Where was it shown? Proto pics available
or did you work from memory or?

Did you have any challenges in keeping the two motors sychronized? That's
been a bugaboo for others, that one side or the other raises a bit too fast
and skews things.

I think this is my fave shot:

And thanks Rick for de-"URL Encoding" the link... Undecoded it leads to one
of Kevin's pages, and Kevin L. gets enough publicity as it is. :-)

yes thank you for fixing the link.  some how some extra characters got
added in to the link.

i will be showing this at a talent show on may 10th.  i just finished it
yesterday.  it was such a nice day outside and i don't really have a flat
surface long enough to set it up in my house, so i set it up outside.  i
made this bridge from pictures of the real bridge and a little inspiration
from TJ Avery.  the hawthorne bridge is about a mile away from my office so
i spent a lot of time just looking at it.

you are right about synchronizing the motors.  one of the motors runs
faster than the other.  i made the string a little longer on one side.  so
when the bridge starts to go up it is a little lopsided, but by the time it
reaches the top it evens out.  not a very good solution but it works.

bob

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤øø¤º°`°º¤

Bob Kojima
ko@fial.com
http://www.bong69.com

Fial Incorporated