 Technic / 10203
10202  |  10204
Subject:
Lego orrery (mechanical solar system)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 20:10:37 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Greeting all,

I've been lurking here for years and finally decided that I'd built
something worth sharing:

http://homepage.mac.com/aklego

This orrery was made to demonstrate why daylight varries so much here in
Alaska. The
inclination of the earth's axis as well rotational directions are
correct--size, distance, and orbit
periods are not.

I've a 9 planet version w/reasonably correct periods in the works but it is
likely to stay there for
some time.

Cheers,

Tom