 Technic / 10230
Re: drawbridge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 19:37:35 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Rob Hendrix writes:
That might very well almost hold true (I am no expert) if your motors were
hooked up like:

[power]--------[motor]-----------[motor]   (parallel circuit)

But I have mine hooked up like:

[motor]--------[power]-----------[motor]   (parallel circuits)

I assume one motor is not going to pull more amps than the other motor.
There is a slight difference in the resistance of the different lentgh
cables, but not enough at these small footage to calculate with any bearing
on the overall performance.  In fact, now that I think of it, the motor I
have on one of my lifting sections that is farthest from the power source is
the motor that lifts faster.

so based on what has been explained and what I just theorized, I can only
come to the conclusion that the biggest difference in motor speed will have
to do with the motor itself.  I also remember a post on Lugnet from last
year where it had been determined that Lego(r) has made more than one geared
motor (different part numbers) and these motors have different speeds and
amperage draws...

But again, I am no expert.  Just a pro...

-Rob
well since i was basing my theory of working with stereos and lights on my
car, you have the uperhand...lol