 Technic / 10225
Re: drawbridge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 18:15:35 GMT

Or did you mean that your diagonals go from top right to bottom left
(looking at the right-half of a span), and the diags on my spreadsheet goes
from top left to bottom right? If that's the case, I'm sorry. I actually
wrote another spreadsheet with the diagonals in the other direction. I
should have sent you both, but I thought I had.

my description was not that good.  here is how the diagonals are on my bridge:

/ | \ | \ | \ | \ | / | / | / | / | \

and the diagonals in the spreadsheet:

/ | \ | / | \ | / | \ | / | \ | / | \

(hope my ascii art turns out ok)

so only 2 of the diagonals (on half of the span) are not modeled in the
spreadsheet.  i'm not complaining cause it was so nice to fiddle around
with dimensions in the spreadsheet before doing the real build.

i did not think about using the other program to model the diagonals going
the other direction.

bob

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤øø¤º°`°º¤

Bob Kojima
ko@fial.com
http://www.bong69.com

Fial Incorporated