 Star Wars / 1318
Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 17 Apr 1999 00:36:07 GMT

I hope you're right, for the sake of my kids' college fund;-)

Todd Lehman wrote:

In lugnet.starwars, johnneal@uswest.net (John Neal) writes:
I dunno, Todd.  If you check out the scan from the one on auction in
Ebay, it looks pretty much like blue.  And that makes me blue...AND
a buck poorer:-(

Purple and blue are the two most common colors that 4-color offset printing
technologies get wrong when they're not properly calibrated.  Most of time,
it's blue coming out violet rather than purple.

This would lend credibility to the "it's blue" theory.  So would the fact
that it would simply be too good to be true if it were actually violet or
purple-blue.  ;-)

On the other hand, have a close look at the hue of the purple-blue rubber
tubes that came with 8150 Search Sub, if you have one.  The catalog photos
of this year's DUPLO Little Forest Friends product line show a color that is
neither blue nor violet nor purple, but purple-blue.  On the other hand,
older TLG catalogs showing blue in DUPLO sets have been printed with
incorrect color calibration to show violet instead of purple.

Finally, keep in mind that regular LEGO purple (as seen in 8277 Giant Model
Set and CyberSlam sets) is a *very* reddish magenta hue of purple -- not
blueish or violet at all.  So the Gungan Sub definitely can't be regular
LEGO purple.  It's either standard blue or the super-rare purple-blue.  My
bet is on the latter.  :)

--Todd