 Star Wars / 1246
Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 03:48:47 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Karim Nassar writes:

Somebody commented that Lego just doesn't release new colors in such
abundance... I find that to be a fallacious arguement.  The previous SW models
have broken all the molds (no pun intended) about color selection... note the
(nearly) all brown speeder bikes, the (nearly) all tan landspeeder, the high
selection of orange parts in the snowspeeder and the large amount of tan in
the X-wing and Y-wing.

Ahh.. But all those colors existed before the Starwars sets came out.  The only
New color was the Trans-Dark Gray Canopies.  Brown was quite prominent in the
Dark Forest sets, there is *tons* of beige in the Adventurers sets, and orange
has appeared in Belville, Town Jr., and the Halloween bucket.  I can't think of
a single instance when a color was introduced so abundantly for just one set.
I think that the color, if it is purple, would be too close to Blue, and it is
too large a set for them to experiment in such a way with a new color.

Jeff