 Star Wars / 1185
Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 05:36:00 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Brent Curtis writes:
At long last, our first good look at an Episode I Lego set. www.yakface.com
has it posted, but you can get to it directly by clicking on this:

http://yakface.com/imagebin/GunganSub.jpg

Finally, a great big beautiful picture of what's going to be on the shelves in
May.

Brent Curtis

Yes, I know I'm replying to my own link. If I had all the information first,
yadda, yadda, yadda...
But here's the scoop: the photo was sent to yakface.com by "Brian." According
to www.fandommenace.com, Brian purchased the Gungan Sub at a TRU in
California. Did I mention that our local TRU has yet to put any of the first
five sets out? For those of you keeping score at home, I've only been able to
find them at Shopko and K-Mart (none at Target, Wal-Mart, or Toys R Us--the
last time I was in Kay Bee, they didn't have any Legos on the shelves) so
far...and I've been checking stores in two different cities.
Happy Hunting,
Brent Curtis