 Star Wars / 1297
Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 19:10:29 GMT

I dunno, Todd.  If you check out the scan from the one on auction in Ebay, it
looks pretty much like blue.  And that makes me blue...AND a buck poorer:-(

-John

Todd Lehman wrote:

In lugnet.starwars, ekings@us.ibm.com (Eric Kingsley) writes:
After looking at this picture I believe that these may very well be purple
bricks and here is why...
[...]
I hope they are purple because then maybe my wife could get interested in
Lego and I wouldn't feel even a little guilty buying all this great stuff...

D'ya think it might be not the regular purple as seen in CyberSlam, but a
new purple?  More violet, like the purple/blue rubber hoses seen in the 8250
Search Sub?

I think the new DUPLO Fleshy Dough-Blob Kids (a.k.a. Strawberry Shortcake or
Little Forest Friends) line uses this purple-blue purple.

If it is that purple-blue (hope hope!) and not the regular old magenta-
purple, then certainly is a way mongo beautiful color shade.

I'm *so* looking forward to it, in fact (fingers crossed!) that I added the
color to the Fibblesnork Backgrounds collection a couple months ago...

   http://www.fibblesnork.com/lego/backgrounds/bricks-purpblue-40.html

I'm not sure I got it close enough though...

--Todd