 Star Wars / 1202
Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 14:16:13 GMT

Is that really a replica of a real SW universe vehicle?..It's look like an
original TLG design much more than that. Will we see a "real" gungan sub
featured in EP1?..

Selçuk

Eric Kingsley wrote in message ...

Now I'm wondering -- is that sub actually got purple pieces, or is it • just
a scanning artifact?

We can only hope it is blue or else we have another color to cope with
in LDraw. Allthough I like the idea of purple LEGO's

After looking at this picture I believe that these may very well be purple
bricks and here is why...

If you look at the 2x3 slopes in front of the two rear cockpits it appears
that it is really 2 1x3 slopes next to eact other instead of 1 2x3 slope • (this
is clearer on the far cockpit but evident on both).  I don't think TLG • would do
this unless this is a new color and they needed to get the pieces out fast • and
because there are other 1x3 slopes on the model this would mean they would • on
have to have purple running on 1 slope production line instead of 2.

Anyway that is my guess.

I hope they are purple because then maybe my wife could get interested in • Lego
and I wouldn't feel even a little guilty buying all this great stuff...