 Star Wars / 1250
Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 04:44:33 GMT

On Thu, 15 Apr 1999 20:32:04 GMT, "Mike Zinkowsky" <mike_zinkowsky@harvard.edu>
wrote:
I pulled this photo in Adobe Photoshop and tweaked it to the best of my
ability, and I have no doubt, that the purple is real.  If I change the
color at all, the rest of the picture changes as well, and last I looked,
minifigs aren't orange.

I don't buy that reasoning.  I believe that film emulsions can often
incorrectly record some colors while exactly preserving others.  It is
reasonable to assume that scanning processes could also suffer from that
effect.
Just because one color is "off" does not mean that all the other colors are
likewise affected.  An interesting, unrelated case in point.  You ever see the
Phoenix Suns on Television?  Their uniforms appear to be blue and orange.
They are not.  They are purple and orange.
The orange in real life and on TV are pretty close.  But the bright purple in
real life looks like a definate blue on TV.

-- Terry K --