 Star Wars / 1184
  An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...

At long last, our first good look at an Episode I Lego set. www.yakface.com has it posted, but you can get to it directly by clicking on this: (URL) a great big beautiful picture of what's going to be on the shelves in May. Brent Curtis (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...

(...) Yes, I know I'm replying to my own link. If I had all the information first, yadda, yadda, yadda... But here's the scoop: the photo was sent to yakface.com by "Brian." According to www.fandommenace.com, Brian purchased the Gungan Sub at a TRU (...) (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...

Did I mention that our local TRU has yet to put any of the first (...) None of the TRU's in Philadelphia have them, either. I called on March 1, when they were supposed to be released, and was told by one that they wouldn't be getting them, and by (...) (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...

(...) YESsss... Great picture. And, finally a good looking alien minifig. Mark "I'm running out of paperclips" de Kock (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...

I wonder: Why do I live in the Netherlands and have to wait a long time to get the new sets? But seriously: where are the rest of the pics? I suppose someone can get a hold of pictures of new sets (...) (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...

(...) Cool. That is one _bizarre_ head to put on a minifig - but it seems to be a pretty good likeness. And I assume that the center fig is the Liam Neeson (sp?) character? It looks like him - I can almost seem to sense long hair on the fig. Those (...) (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...

(...) Interesting. There are more of the TIE Fighter windows. More special pieces, less regular pieces. But it still looks like there are more regular pieces than other LEGO sets have had for a long time. And there's the Belville clam and seastar! (...) (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...

(...) Looks like the same bubble, you get on the TIE-fighter. Mark "Now where does this Paperclip go" de Kock (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...

(...) I do not have the TIE/Y-Wing set (yet) but I thought the windows are not smooth like the sub, but with 8-side like relief. (...) We can only hope it is blue or else we have another color to cope with in LDraw. Allthough I like the idea of (...) (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  RE: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...

The bubble windows on the new Episode 1 set are not at all like the TIE fighter bubble window. I am comparing them right now...the TIE window is dark gray and the new bubbles appear translucent. Plus, the patterns on the window and the orientation (...) (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...

(...) After looking at this picture I believe that these may very well be purple bricks and here is why... If you look at the 2x3 slopes in front of the two rear cockpits it appears that it is really 2 1x3 slopes next to eact other instead of 1 2x3 (...) (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

Is that really a replica of a real SW universe vehicle?..It's look like an original TLG design much more than that. Will we see a "real" gungan sub featured in EP1?.. Selçuk Eric Kingsley wrote in message ... (...) just (...) (this (...) would do (...) (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...

Yup, the trailers show some underwater scenes where the sub is chased by this giant fish thing. (...) (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...

(...) Nope, it's a smooth section of a sphere, on the end of a cylinder, mixed in with some straight bits. (...) If you use LDLite, check out colors 20, 22, and 23. Steve (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...

However the mold appears the same. The plastic could be different, the pattern is definately different, but the shape ... I'd venture to say it's the same. -Lee. (...) mailto:jorgensen@bankoe.moc <-- reverse moc mailto:ljorgensen@uswest.ten <-- (...) (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...

And the giant fish thing is in the background of the LEGO box art for this set. Steve (...) (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...

SSDD: Same Shape, Different Decoration. It's the same piece if it has the same shape. Color and printing don't matter. Chrome-plating does, in some circles. The different orientation just means the parts are mounted on hinges. Steve (...) (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...

Is TRU going to get in serious trouble for selling this set? Jorge Rodriguez rodriguez.136@osu.edu (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...

My hypothesis on this, is that these pieces are in fact blue, and the use of the 2 1X3 slopes instead of a 2X3 slope is probably to enable them to keep up the high level of alternate model possibilities that we've seen in other Star Wars sets. I (...) (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...

(...) I like the piece Selection, too! Did you notice at the front? It looks like it has two trans-orange 1x2 bricks!! And perhaps a Trans-orange Insectoids dome in the back!! I don't think that is hair. I think it is Obi-wan's cowl. It looks like (...) (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...

I was wondering the same thing about purple.... I bet John Gerlach an American Dollar it is. What is the opinion of others out there? Purple or blue? My retirement fund rests on the outcome;-) (...) (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

Steve Bliss wrote in message <37159d56.68902820@l...et.com>... (...) www.yakface.com (...) shelves in (...) I pulled this photo in Adobe Photoshop and tweaked it to the best of my ability, and I have no doubt, that the purple is real. If I change (...) (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...

Copied from the message I posted. "As for the color, I think that it is probably blue because in the catalog the TIE fighter looks like it has purple, but those of you who have it said it was blue. I wouldn't mind seeing purple pieces, but I would (...) (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...

(...) As did someone else, I played around with the colors in the jpg. No way is that blue - unless the minifigs are orange. If the minifigs are orange, I'm willing to concede that the body color is blue. :-) I also took another peek at the (...) (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...

Simple color theory If you add more red you'll get the yellows looking more orange and the blues looking more purple. If you remove red you'll get the yellows looking more green and the purples looking more blue... I was able to do about 10 seconds (...) (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...

I am pretty sure it is blue. One, in the picture the bricks look much more blue than purple, I don't know what people are seeing. Also, not the strange lighting on the ray. I think that the strange blue color is the result of bluish lighting on the (...) (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...

(...) Somebody commented that Lego just doesn't release new colors in such abundance... I find that to be a fallacious arguement. The previous SW models have broken all the molds (no pun intended) about color selection... note the (nearly) all (...) (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...

(...) I have to agree here. We know the manta ray hybrid thing is black, but there is some light hitting it that makes it look purple. As much as I would like to see it in purple, I feel it may be blue. I hope not though. I did try to tweek the (...) (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...

(...) You're all wrong. It's obviously Belville pink: (URL) Spaulding (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...

(...) Oh my gad, your right. The Princess is having a say even in the color of the ships she frequents. Eeeeppppp. Jason F. (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

When did they come out with the 2x4 low slopes? Jesse Brent Curtis wrote in message ... (...) in (...) ___...___ Jesse The Jolly Jingoist Looking for answers? Read the rec.toys.lego FAQ! (URL) in Deja News! (URL) (25 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...

I know, replying to my own message, (bad form)... Anyway, at the suggestion of a friend, I bumped the resolution on my machine up to True Color (32 Bit), and the color is much closer to blue, so at this point it could go either way, I think I'll (...) (25 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...

(...) Ahh.. But all those colors existed before the Starwars sets came out. The only New color was the Trans-Dark Gray Canopies. Brown was quite prominent in the Dark Forest sets, there is *tons* of beige in the Adventurers sets, and orange has (...) (25 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...

(...) -- Terry K -- (25 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...

(...) I don't buy that reasoning. I believe that film emulsions can often incorrectly record some colors while exactly preserving others. It is reasonable to assume that scanning processes could also suffer from that effect. Just because one color (...) (25 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...

I can't understand those opinions about the difficulty of using already "ready" molds with a new pigment. For inventory tracking and production planning point of view, yes it has its own difficulties, but not much than adding any new part (no matter (...) (25 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...

Oh pshaw - they do stuff like that all the time for secondary models. The second I saw the 2 1x3s next to each other, I thought "secondary model". (...) (25 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...

(...) (snip) i noticed that the reflections off various surfaces on the base thingie and ray were purple..i hope i'm wrong but it's a scanning artifact ravi (25 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...

My two cents worth: Blue. Blue. The purple reflection of the lights on the stingray is what convinced me that the purple color is an effect of the lighting. This is why the white and red in the LEGO logo are pretty color accurate. The scanning (...) (25 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

The Star Wars sets are the first I've seen of them. They appear in the Snowspeeder and Tie/Y-wing sets. -John Van Jesse Long wrote in message ... (...) (25 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...

(...) A Gungan Sub is up for bid at ebay.com and the pic shows it to be definately blue. (25 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...

(...) <josh_spaulding@hotmail.com> (...) Heck, even if it was pink, I'd buy it. Too many cool pieces not to get it. But then us town guys like any color we can get. But you could make some pink spaceship for some rebel who was an awesome pilot. Or (...) (25 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...

BARBIE..IN SPACE!! SHE'S LOOKIN' GOOD SHE'S ON HER TOES IN SPACE!! (To the tune of "Jews in Space";-) -John "*no* apologizes to Mel Brooks" Neal (...) (25 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...

Mike, Don't worry about it, I have them talking to me all the time too, I don't know where they come from! Be quiet! AAUUGGHH!! :) Scott Sanburn (...) (25 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...

(...) The Y-Wing has yellow. The only tan on the Y-Wing is the 2x2 Rebel Alliance tiles. Steve (25 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...

I hate it when you're right, Roge. It always costs me money;-) J1, your check for $1.00 is in the mail:-( -John (...) (25 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...

I dunno, Todd. If you check out the scan from the one on auction in Ebay, it looks pretty much like blue. And that makes me blue...AND a buck poorer:-( -John (...) (25 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...

(...) D'ya think it might be not the regular purple as seen in CyberSlam, but a new purple? More violet, like the purple/blue rubber hoses seen in the 8250 Search Sub? I think the new DUPLO Fleshy Dough-Blob Kids (a.k.a. Strawberry Shortcake or (...) (25 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...

(...) Purple and blue are the two most common colors that 4-color offset printing technologies get wrong when they're not properly calibrated. Most of time, it's blue coming out violet rather than purple. This would lend credibility to the "it's (...) (25 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...

I hope you're right, for the sake of my kids' college fund;-) (...) (25 years ago, 17-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...

Pondering... 1. Is it my imagination? Or is this the biggest thread of messages yet? 2. Is anyone else disappointed that their local retailers aren't slacking enough to go ahead and display the Episode I Legos? I'm burning a lot of gas (both (...) (25 years ago, 17-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...

My thoughts on the Gungan Sub: I knew, sadly, that the bricks in question were blue. I was hoping they weren't but, well, there you are. It will be interesting to see how the actual sub compares to the Lego one. What is the "anchor" on the front? (...) (25 years ago, 18-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...

(...) Take a look at the pictures for the Naboo Swamp box people just posted, at least on rec.toys.lego. It appears to have a jellyfish type creature in the background made of clear blue lego. Timbo (25 years ago, 19-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...

(...) I think that's a stand for the STAP. It appears to be a clear 4x4 radar dish, with a clear Star Wars Ion Cannon piece as the upright. Those seaweed pieces could be used with the radar dish (and another piece or two) to make a pretty good (...) (25 years ago, 19-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: An Episode I Set Finally Revealed...

(...) And getting eaten by it, very near.. Jasper (25 years ago, 1-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)