 Star Wars / *8998 (-100)
  Re: My DSDK AT AT Walks backwards

(...) Maybe putting the batteries in backwards in the MicroScout will cause the motor to run in reverse? John Hansen (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: My DSDK AT AT Walks backwards

(...) Although I don't have this set I do have a suggestion. Try building one of the alternate models with this set (I believe it comes with instructions for 3 different models). If those models also go backwards when they should go forward then (...) (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  RE: 2001 sets

for the new 2001 star wars sets look at from bricks to bothans (theres a link to it at (URL) ) from there click on the sets link in the right-hand menu i think my favs are gonna be the imperial shuttle and the technic stormtrooper josh ††††††† Josh, (...) (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  flash (was Re: legoland.co.uk attack)

(...) Well, there is a flash 4 player for Linux from Macromedia, and there's also an open-source flash 3 player. (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Lego New is Up

(...) <snip> (...) Replying to my own post here, but info on the "Classic SW Kit" includes the following sets: 7144 Slave I - $20 7180 B-Wing - $30 7190 Millennium Falcon - $100 7134 A-Wing - $15 Total = $165 but the Kit is only $149 saving $16.. (...) (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: legoland.co.uk attack

(...) An 'Ethical' cracker? IMO he didn't want' to obstruct the site although I cant find a thorugh link on the mirror (hmm?). He also does have a point regarding DeCSS, Why should we have to PAY a certian company in Seatlle a small fortune to be (...) (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: A(n) SW set I'd love to see...

(...) I heard my name calling to me from across the ether, so naturally I must answer. :-, Karim has some excellent microfig-scale Star Wars vehicles, most of which are to the same scale and would look awesome in a diorama. See (URL). But yeah, the (...) (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: UCS Wallpapers @ lego.com

(...) Those are great! I did notice a mistake on the TIE Interceptor schematic image. It appears the tubes along the leading edge of the wing/panels are mostly missing (only the tips are shown). The same mistake occurs in every view of the model (in (...) (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  A(n) SW set I'd love to see...

I think a "Battle of the Death Star" (or is that "Battle of Yavin VI"?) microfig diorama would be cool. Have bunches of tiny snub fighters, like Sproat's microfig X-Wing (has anyone made a microfig TIE Fighter?), and a section of the Death Star (...) (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: UCS Wallpapers @ lego.com

(...) I am now. Steve (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: legoland.co.uk attack

(...) That looks like THE Millennium Falcon (URL) usually not a starwars fan, but this one had me impressed. Jürgen (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: UCS Wallpapers @ lego.com

"Ralph Döring" <doe@gmx.de> wrote in message news:G0x4yE.JvJ@lugnet.com... (...) but (...) wallpapers (...) :D I guess not yet.... -- Tim Courtney - tim@zacktron.com (URL) - Centralized LDraw Resources (URL) - Zacktron Alliance ICQ: 23951114 AIM: (...) (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: UCS Wallpapers @ lego.com

(...) Right, but did you download the Image Packs ? There are 2 excellent wallpapers in 1600x1200. dö (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Why does everyone hate Jar Jar?

(...) Ok, I must admit that I did giggle when I saw that. :) But I am trying to be serious here. Adrick (...) (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 7190 Millennium Falcon for 57.50 USD

(...) Brad, Try this: (URL) on that page, there's a direct link to the 7190 Millennium Falcon set at KBkids.com for $57.50 USD. --Todd [followups to .market.shopping] (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Young OBI-WAN Minifigure

(...) So far the Sub is the only set he comes in. Your best bet if you don't want the whole set is to try an auction or parts sale site. John (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Cloud City

(...) i dont mean to be nit-picky, but dont you mean ep 4-6...hehe i wonder what the chances are of seeing something bigger than the falcon.. like an imperial star destroyer or a mon cal cruiser it'd also be interesting to have sets of parts of the (...) (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Cloud City

(...) I would not be surprised to see us wait a couple of more years. After all the "classic" sets will probably span episodes 1-3. That means they better hold back some of the cool sets or they could lose the market's interest by giving us all we (...) (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Cloud City

So when do we get Cloud City sets? As far as I'm aware there arent any. Why was this are of the SW universe neglected? Bring on Lando.. josh (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Subthemes for Star Wars renamed?

I understand, I was mainly just curoius about the language. You don't get to see many diffent ones on lugnet. Kyle (...) computer (...) dinner. (...) (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.starwars)

  THE ULTIMATE LEGO SHOPPING BUY - LIFESIZE VADER

FAO has it: "Can there be anything more intimidating than Darth Vadar? Only if he’s standing in your room, protecting your own Lego creations. Made by Lego Master Builders and standing approximately seven feet tall, this Darth Vadar is virtually (...) (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.announce)

  Re: My DSDK AT AT Walks backwards

(...) That would have been my guess but doesn't the Microscout have one BUILT IN motor? If there are no cords then obviously you can't turn the cords to reverse polarity. I've never touched a Microscout so I don't know if there's another easy way to (...) (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Subthemes for Star Wars renamed?

(...) I've always thought of the trilogy stuff as 'Classic', that's what my S@H catalogs call it. Speaking of SW subthemes, what is the proper way of classifiying these sets? Basically, Star Wars can be classified three ways... Theme: Space (...) (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: My DSDK AT AT Walks backwards

(...) The DSDK uses the Micro-Scout - the moter is built in. (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: My DSDK AT AT Walks backwards

(...) This is just a guess, but try removing either end of the power cord to the motor and reversing it 180 degrees. That will reverse the polarity of the motor and cause it to run in the other direction. Hope this helps! (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Why does everyone hate Jar Jar?

Scott: (...) I don't know if you read The Onion (though they do blast your least favorite President quite nicely), but here's some satirical food for thought: (URL) Dave! (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: UCS Wallpapers @ lego.com

"Ralph Döring" <doe@gmx.de> wrote in message news:G0vyK8.AH@lugnet.com... (...) Ooh! :-) That's my new wallpaper - I just wish they offered 1280x1024, but Windows does an acceptable job of stretching it... -- Tim Courtney - tim@zacktron.com (URL) - (...) (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Young OBI-WAN Minifigure

Hi, Can anyone tell me if this Minifigure is available other then in the Gungan Sub. Thanks, Gerry (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Why does everyone hate Jar Jar?

(...) Amen! I find the same phenomenon to occur with Timmy--everyone allegedly despises him, yet there's always competitive bidding when a Timmy lot goes up for auction... Dave! (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 7190 Millennium Falcon for 57.50 USD

(...) Obi Wan is dead. I.E. See through Jedi. The crew is the Escape from Death Star Crew, Leia and Obi Wan were never on the Falcon Together. Eric Kingsley The New England LEGO Users Group (URL) (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  7190 Millennium Falcon for 57.50 USD

NOTE: I tried posting this earlier, but it does not seem to have worked... I just bought it at kbkids.com for 62 USD including shipping. It's regular price is 100 USD. It comes with over 600 pcs including Leia, C3PO, Han, Chewie, Luke, and R2!! I (...) (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: My DSDK AT AT Walks backwards

Must be you. I've got it built now and it walks forwards. Mine actually has a problem walking backwards. -- Mike Faunce mike at faunce dot com LUGNET #96 "Keith Blumenthal" <Keith.Blumenthal@wcom.com> wrote in message news:G0qDEp.D89@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  UCS Wallpapers @ lego.com

Hope this isn´t old news: check out (URL) UCS wallpapers and cool quicktime vrs... dö (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Why does everyone hate Jar Jar?

(...) See how insidious Jar Jar is? He's convinced you he isn't evil. Must.... resist..... ~Mark (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: legoland.co.uk attack

(...) That has to be one of the nicest hacks...no profanity, no porn, it even relates to the site hacked! And that is a pretty cool Falcon... --Bram (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: legoland.co.uk attack

(...) Millennium Falcon. Here's a mirror of the hacked site: (URL) Anyone seen that model before? Also, he did leave a nice message for the admin. :) (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Subthemes for Star Wars renamed?

Heheh..:-) Yes it's Turkish. Sorry for the feel of delusion. Finally I meet a Turk here, and it was an excitement for me seeing that finally there is an and to my representative job for the whole Turkish community here on AFOL grounds..:-) Selçuk (...) (24 years ago, 2-Aug-00, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Why does everyone hate Jar Jar?

Hi Andrew, (...) I don't see how you could possibly compare Jar Jar to Hitler and Satan. Jar Jar may be annoying, but he's not evil. If you want an evil made up charctor/mini fig to hate that much, go for Papatine. Adrick (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Subthemes for Star Wars renamed?

(...) Please tell me that I am not going delusional and this is in a foreign language. If this is in English I think I better stop looking at my computer screen and go lay down for a bit. No more tuna-artichoke shakes before dinner. Kyle Henneberque (...) (24 years ago, 13-Sep-00, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Subthemes for Star Wars renamed?

Hakan Tandogan? Hey, ikinci bir Türk Lugnet'te ha? Nerdesin su an? Türkiye'de mi disarda mi (e-mailine bakarsak disarda galiba)? 1997 den beri hiç vatandas yoktu buralarda..:-) Neyse, sevindim. Selçuk (...) (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Watto's Junk shop boxed set or bucket?

(...) Tim over at FBTB just posted some new information on this set. He says that it is not a bucket and will come with two(!) new podracers, non-juniorized. So this supports the fact that when the prices were seen originally, that this was the most (...) (24 years ago, 13-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Subthemes for Star Wars renamed?

(...) Nope, no bookmarks, I was creating the links in my perl script (hey, doesn't everyone have a sets-to-html-script? ;-) ), so the human-friendly part was a little lost on me ;-) Regards, Hakan (...) (24 years ago, 13-Sep-00, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Subthemes for Star Wars renamed?

(...) No, the changes weren't announced. It's just one of many everyday cleanup or maintenance efforts in the set DB. (I'm even surprised anyone noticed. :) LEGO officially uses the term "Classic" for the original SW trilogy (Episodes IV-VI, that (...) (24 years ago, 13-Sep-00, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.starwars)

  Subthemes for Star Wars renamed?

Hi, I just noticed (while checking my webpage that links to the pause pages) that the subthemes for the Star Wars sets were renamed to "Episode I" and "Classic". While I find the new names far better that "{Episode IV}" (especially for sorting (...) (24 years ago, 13-Sep-00, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Watto's Junk shop boxed set or bucket?

(...) So we have the 7171 and a ligth version as the pod bucket. What migth come next is a UCS pod racer like Joel Kuster´s (URL) The logical next step would be a smaller/ligther version than the pod bucket: a Duplo pod racer. Anyone who has enough (...) (24 years ago, 13-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Why does everyone hate Jar Jar?

Bryan and all, (...) might (...) choice. (...) stock (...) his (...) are (...) copies of (...) I know not everyone "hates" Jar Jar, but he is a rather unpopular character, especially here on LUGNET, and a few other places, I assume. A few do like (...) (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Why does everyone hate Jar Jar?

(...) What I don't understand is why "everybody" hates Jar Jar, and yet there are others who buy the minifig! I still have a few leftover from several copies of Gungan Swamp (for the brown bricks). Bryan (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Why does everyone hate Jar Jar?

Andrew, My take on Jar Jar is that he was a rather useless character, who might have injected some humor to the storyline, but otherwise, was a bad choice. Obviously, the minifig is another matter. I have sold virtuosly all my stock of Jar Jar (I (...) (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Why does everyone hate Jar Jar?

(...) Hi Andrew, I agree it doesn't make sense to transfer enmity for Jar Jar's personality over to his minifig incarnation (in-ABS-ation?), but we do it anyway. Personally, I have SO MUCH brain boiling hatred for Lucas's character, that it just (...) (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Watto's Junk shop boxed set or bucket?

(...) The bucket does come with instructions for all the pod racers shown on the bucket (at least on the "front" side - I think there are some alternate models shown). In fact, you can make all of them at once. The set really isn't that bad. Sure, (...) (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Why does everyone hate Jar Jar?

I think he's annoying on the movie, but I'm talking about the minifig. The tan arms and body are great for other guys (not to mention rare tan hands), and so are the dark grey pants. And if you don't like the head, you can always cut one up and make (...) (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Watto's Junk shop boxed set or bucket?

I have to agree about the price. The Star Wars bucket is the only set I'm not getting in the SW Line, because 1) The minifigs are cheesy Anakin and Jar-Jar (HOW many other sets have Jar- Jar?), oh and the TRULY BIZARRE goggled-head w/ slope brick w/ (...) (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Watto's Junk shop boxed set or bucket?

Any guesses, ideas, or de-classified knowledge about the 2001 Watto's Shop <set:7186>? Is it going to be a set or a bucket like the pod racing bucket, and like the Mickey Mouse bucket? Maybe TLG sees themed buckets as a good idea. I like the idea in (...) (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: MOS ESPA SCENE (input please)

Hey Brucey-Wan, that's actually the way I expect the new Wattoo Shop to look like. Of course not excactly, but I think the new set could be similar to that (with larger interior and details fo course). Well, we'll sure get pictures of the set one (...) (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: MOS ESPA SCENE (input please)

this is only a beta version, im making cooler buildings and stuff like that, then im going to have someone povray it. ill keep you informed. adios, 8^) Brucey-Wan (24 years ago, 11-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: MOS ESPA SCENE (input please)

(...) "generic" buildings around it, it would be awesome. It certainly has a feel of a piece of Mos Espa to it. eric (24 years ago, 11-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  My DSDK AT AT Walks backwards

Perhaps someone else has had this problem. I've built the DSDK AT AT twice now (very cool!) and have followed the instructions to the letter (I think) however for some reason when I have finished it walked backwards instead of forwards. I was able (...) (24 years ago, 11-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  2001 line-up....

Hey all you brick molesters! Question: Why have I not seen the new line up in this Fall catalog that I just received in the mail? I know it's not 2001 yet, but I thought the recently controversial list of sets was due out in November. I could have (...) (24 years ago, 11-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: whomade that awesome t-16

"Eric Kingsley" <kingsley@nelug.org> wrote in message news:G0IsM3.2o1@lugnet.com... (...) t-16 (...) post (...) I've got to say a huge "Thanks!" to John for this one - I went out and bought another Snowspeeder so I could build this on Saturday and (...) (24 years ago, 11-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: AT-ST Pilot

Sounds good, Greg. I'd only suggest using Dk Gray hips and the chinless Dk Gray Rock Raiders helmet with goggles. Cheers, ~Mark (24 years ago, 11-Sep-00, to lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.starwars)

  AT-ST Pilot

Playing around with minifig parts, I came up with this: Brown Aviator Cap Black Goggles Hoth Trooper Torso Beige Arms Black Hands Brown Hips Beige Legs It's the most accurate I could get with my available parts. If anyone has a better idea, please (...) (24 years ago, 11-Sep-00, to lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: MOS ESPA SCENE (input please)

It needs population! Otherwise, it looks like a good start. :^) ~Mark (24 years ago, 9-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  MOS ESPA SCENE (input please)

i made a cool little mos espa scene. please tell me how you like it, or how i could change it. thanks. here's the link: (URL) 8^) Brucey-Wan (24 years ago, 9-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Sith Infiltrartor Piece Count Misprint

I was just in my local Wal-Mart today scanning the clearance shelves for LEGO items, when I found four Sith Infiltrators for $15 each. What I found interesting was that three of the boxes said the kit includes 243 pieces, while the fourth otherwise (...) (24 years ago, 8-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO on the Official Playstation Magazine

(...) In the October issue, on the Forced Feedback page, they have Ultimate Collectors Legos on the top of the Hot list... :) -Bryan (24 years ago, 8-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New model: Teemto Pagalies' podracer

Sorry, I thought that when you said you built it IRL, you built it in those colours as well. Anyway, it's still cool. (...) (24 years ago, 8-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: New model: Teemto Pagalies' podracer

(...) you (...) put out that funky green/blue i used. My pod was built using red, black,grey and white for the most part but other combinations are possible offcourse. I just wanted to make the model in MLcad in the original movie colors. Anyway (...) (24 years ago, 8-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: New model: Teemto Pagalies' podracer

Great job Jay! I really like how you built it in real life with the same colours. It allows people to download the .DAT file and build it exactly as you did, plus it makes you think more how to use certain pieces. (...) (24 years ago, 8-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: whomade that awesome t-16

hi, this is my first post here, but in addition to John VanZwieten's skyhopper, i also made one, which you can see the mclad picture at: (URL) i'm trying my best to take a real picture, but this might not look that great, eing that it was my first (...) (24 years ago, 8-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New model: Teemto Pagalies' podracer

That's cool, Jay! That was my favorite podracer from Ep. 1. I like the unconventional circular pod and I like the engines too. Very faithfully represented. Nice job! ~Mark (24 years ago, 8-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  New model: Teemto Pagalies' podracer

Find it at (URL) me know what you think... Greetz, Jay Ps. Yes, the model was built in real life and if someone knows how to make the cables in MLcad please let me know..... (24 years ago, 8-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: New MOC

(...) Nice work. The feet are a litle funny looking with the long toes, but hey, its either that or the thing will sit on its face. I think Shaun may have a little competion here. Kyle (24 years ago, 8-Sep-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New MOC

(...) I agree--I like that the design is fairly simple (in appearance, not in difficulty of original design!), but still very true to the actual vehicle. Good work! Dave! (24 years ago, 7-Sep-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New MOC

(...) Wow! I really like it. It has great playability value and some very good looks. And scale-size it scores high aswell. I'd like to see more of those creations. Greetingz, Jay (24 years ago, 7-Sep-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  New MOC

(URL) pulg> (24 years ago, 7-Sep-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO on the Official Playstation Magazine

In the September issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly, on the Forced Feedback page, they have a what's hot and what's not. At at the top of the Hot list is "New Star Wars Legos" Adam (...) 1,304-piece X-wing fighter and a 659-piece Millennium Falcon. (...) (24 years ago, 7-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: whomade that awesome t-16

(...) The builder was John VanZwieten. Here is the .dat file. (URL) can see the model here along with instructions and a few other alternate models. John is the king of alternate models in my book. (URL) Kingsley The New England LEGO Users Group (...) (24 years ago, 7-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  whomade that awesome t-16

Somewhere in this newsgroup, I remember somebody posting insrutions for a t-16 skyhopper made from the snow speeder set. Whoever made this, could please post a link to the site that has instructions for this. Thanks Geordan (24 years ago, 7-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: #7191 UCS X-Wing brief review

(...) Dave, your idea about the cylinders, yes I tried it in a minifig scale X-wing (I use the term minifig scale reluctantly) I built a couple of years ago. This ship was 4-studs wide for the entire length of the ship. I had built an X-wing with 1 (...) (24 years ago, 6-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  LEGO on the Official Playstation Magazine

Hey all, Just noticed something neat. In PlayStation magazine, p55: "... Some of the new additions to Lego's superior Star Wars line include a 1,304-piece X-wing fighter and a 659-piece Millennium Falcon. Also new, from Lego Mindstorms, is the Dark (...) (24 years ago, 6-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Preparing to post....

A Macro feature allows you to take extreme close-up or panoramic view photos. In the case of my own camera, a Nikon 950 (yes it was very expensive :^( ) It can take closeups from just a few cm away. In this instance the Macro setting has a range of (...) (24 years ago, 6-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Preparing to post....

Hey Mark. It's apparent that a "macro" feature is sought after among the digital camera models. What exactly does this feature enable a camera to do? I'm thinking about a Kodak DC280...respectable resolution, USB and MAC compatability. I'm visiting (...) (24 years ago, 6-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 2001 line-up

(...) I forsee large things coming in fall 2001 ... Star Destroyer and Death Star playsets (with 10 stormtroopers each)? ;) BuS LEGO Mechcommander: www.muenster.de/~bus1503 (24 years ago, 5-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  eh..... it's not much but.......

I recently made a UCS T-16 skyhopper (don't get your hopes up to high). It can he seen here:(URL) need some help with the bottom of the cockpit because I can't find any decent pics of it. I know there are supposed to be sensors and stuff there but I (...) (24 years ago, 5-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars Episode II trailer

(...) While this is extremely cool, I wonder why the author of the "trailer" didn't make more of an effort to duplicate the font we've all come to know and love. I mean, that sort of tipped me off before the "film" started rolling, and I'm not even (...) (24 years ago, 5-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Preparing to post....

Yuck! My advice: save up about $300 and you can buy any one of a variety of real nice megapixel cameras with close-up macro and smart card capability. Trust me, it'll be worth it to you in the long run. ~Mark (24 years ago, 5-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Preparing to post....

(...) I picked up a digital camera made by Polaroid for $100 at Walmart. It's not the best digital camera, but it does have a preview screen (a must) and it came with the serial cable and the power adaptor (another must.) It only does 640x480 and (...) (24 years ago, 5-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: UCS Scaling question

(...) They're scaled from the "actual" dimensions of an X-Wing and a TIE Interceptor. -Bryan (24 years ago, 5-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: MF review....

(...) Heck with the Belville pink, where's the Maersk Light Blue? best LFB (24 years ago, 5-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  2001 line-up

I remember a recent discussion on how small the 2001 Star Wars line-up was compared with usual. It just came to me then that, both last year and this year, Lego released to waves of models. This year the earlier wave seemed to be cheaper and (...) (24 years ago, 5-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Preparing to post....

I'm *real* happy with my Olympus C-3030 ($825 from www.thedigitalkingdom.com) which I am putting to very good use developing materials for the first lego league team I am coaching. -Peter Matt Sekerak <lowlead@aol.com> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 5-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Preparing to post....

Thanks Scott. Cool website! I just read the latest on photographing Lego...it makes me want to buy the top o' the line camera. I think, however, that I can get away with an entry level model. Thanks again for the tips. -Ma (24 years ago, 4-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Preparing to post....

Matt, (Cross posted to publish as well) (...) so I (...) Imperial (...) post (...) input (...) I like my Toshiba PDR-M1 myself, you can check my site for some examples. It was pretty cheap, and it has a 3.5" disk adapter for the Smart Media card (...) (24 years ago, 4-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Preparing to post....

Hey people. I'm seriously thinking about the purchase of a digital camera so I can finally put some of my SW stuff on the site. The completion of my Imperial Shuttle was the catalyst. Can anybody recommend a camera? Also, when I post the images on (...) (24 years ago, 4-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: UCS scaling

"Jonathan McKay" <vebble2669@aol.com> wrote in message news:G08qCv.K4I@lugnet.com... (...) According to the info in the instruction box, the "real" X-wing is 12 meters long. On that basis, I'd say a Technics figure is a little bit too big and (...) (24 years ago, 4-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: MF review....

(...) Wheres the pink??? NICK :-] (24 years ago, 4-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Soccer bus pics

(...) (snip) The Tauntan (sp) looks great...like a certain castle horses :) James (24 years ago, 3-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: A thought about minifigures for UCS

Hi! Mike Case schrieb: (...) I would rather like to see TLC NOT creating any figures for the UCS at all!!! If they do, they admit that the UCS sets use a common scale and thus cannot make things like a UCS Star Destroyer or other capital ships. CU, (...) (24 years ago, 3-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  A thought about minifigures for UCS

Maybe it's time Lego dusted off the larger scale figures found in many sets of the mid 1970's? Since they would fit into the definition of a 'construction toy' even more than the minifigs do, it wouldn't infringe on the 'action figure' license. (24 years ago, 2-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  UCS acaling...

They can't make UCS scale figures, because they would be *technically* action figures, and lego doesn't have the permit to do this..... Jonoman (24 years ago, 2-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact