 Star Wars / 8912
Re: Preparing to post....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 16:20:49 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Matt Sekerak writes:
Hey people.  I'm seriously thinking about the purchase of a digital camera so
I can finally put some of my SW stuff on the site.  The completion of my
Imperial Shuttle was the catalyst.  Can anybody recommend a camera?  Also,
when I post the images on Brickshelf.com, how do I create a link inside
LUGNET?  Any input would be appreciated.  Thanks a lo

I picked up a digital camera made by Polaroid for $100 at Walmart.  It's not
the best digital camera, but it does have a preview screen (a must) and it
came with the serial cable and the power adaptor (another must.)  It only does
640x480 and will only hold 15 pics, but it's fine for photographing Legos.  It
certainly beats the Agfa Esmile I had (no preview screen, no power adaptor,
very low quality pics.)  Unfortunately I don't know the model number, but I'll
post it once I get home and can find it out.

I've also found a way to photograph my models up close.  This digital camera
does not take close up shots very well, they end up very very blurry and
dark.  I have one of those lighted magnifying glasses on a spring-loaded arm
that I picked up at a hardware store for $20... I placed my model on the table
the light is attached to, put the magnifying lens in front of the model with
the light on and snapped a picture.  The picture came out very clear.  It's
definately a great method for close ups.

I've taken some new pics of my Imperial Shuttle, and I plan on updating my
site within the next few days... you'll be able to see how well this method
works... :)

-Bryan