 Star Wars / 8918
Re: Preparing to post....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 15:08:46 GMT

A Macro feature allows you to take extreme close-up or panoramic view
photos. In the case of my own camera, a Nikon 950 (yes it was very expensive
:^( ) It can take closeups from just a few cm away. In this instance the
Macro setting has a range of 7mm-21mm.

See here for the Kodak:

http://www.kodak.com/US/en/digital/genInfo/dc280.jhtml

Apparently it has a Macro from 0.25 m to 0.5 m. It would probably take
fairly decent closeups, certainly better than you'd get from a 640x480 $99
camera.

You could always visit a camera shop and explain to them that you want to
take close-up photos and see which camera they recommend. This would also
allow you to examine features and see if you like the way the camera feels
and is constructed.

~Mark
--
Mark's Lego Creations
http://www.nwlink.com/~sandlin/lego

From: "Matt Sekerak" <lowlead@aol.com>

Hey Mark.  It's apparent that a "macro" feature is sought after among the
digital camera models.  What exactly does this feature enable a camera to do?
I'm thinking about a Kodak DC280...respectable resolution, USB and MAC
compatability.  I'm visiting every electronics website in an attempt to figure
out whether the DC280 has macro capability.  Also, none of the websites
indicate the brand of image editing software included with the Kodak.  Does
anybody know?  Thanks!

-Matt