 Star Wars / 8950
Re: Why does everyone hate Jar Jar?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 20:59:07 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Andrew Tyrone writes:
I think he's annoying on the movie, but I'm talking about the minifig.
The tan arms and body are great for other guys (not to mention rare tan
hands), and so are the dark grey pants. And if you don't like the head,
you can always cut one up and make a different alien for your Star Wars
universe.

--
Andrew, Agent 0007

Hi Andrew,
I agree it doesn't make sense to transfer enmity for Jar Jar's personality
over to his minifig incarnation (in-ABS-ation?), but we do it anyway.
Personally, I have SO MUCH brain boiling hatred for Lucas's character, that it
just spills over onto the inflatable chairs, electric toothbrushes, Lego
minifigs, etc. that bear his visage.
I would liken it to a Hitler minifig; maybe it has a cool military-style
jacket, but I'd still hate it.
Or like if Satan offered you free Lego. Sure, there may be some great pieces
in there, but all along, you'd know where they came from. They'd have that
stink of evil on them, not unlike our little Gungan scapegoat.
Wow, I think of some weird stuff...
Out of a dollar? 98 cents is your change, sir. Have a nice day!
-A   8^D