 Star Wars / *12198 (-100)
  Re: New custom; UCE Vader's TIE

(...) Very cool- you shaped the cockpit module very nicely. The greebly bits on the top work out well, too. -- Tony Hafner www.hafhead.com (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New custom; UCE Vader's TIE

(...) I'm respondin’ cause your last sentence was really funny! (...) lol, too funny... O.K. so I took a look @ your Darth Vader's Advanced TIE and thought that it’s alright, then I scrolled down the second and third pictures and thought WoW this is (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  New custom; UCE Vader's TIE

My new UCS-style Vader's TIE is up at www.fbtb.net, under "Gareth's Customs" Please check it out and leave me feedback! I need feedback to live! (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce)

  UCS Tie at TRU

My local TRU has a huge stack of UCS Tie Interceptors for $69 each. Seems like a good deal to me, but before I buy one (or more) I thought I should post about it and see if that's such a good deal, or rare. I was under the impression that the UCS (...) (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: Gallery updates....

Thanks, I had a great time building them. josh@fbtb.net, roger that. -Matt (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Almost forgot, LFB....

i'd love to see them. by the way, i REALLY enjoyed the last three ships you sent in (x-wing, y-wing, and a-wing). the a-wing was my favorite. oh, and gallery updates can be sent to josh: josh@fbtb.net. he's much better at doing gallery updates in a (...) (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Almost forgot, LFB....

I would be happy to cross-post to Market.shopping. By the way, I've made big changes to my Imperial Shuttle sculpture, I will be sending new pics to Ace@FBTB soon...Brickshelf will not accept my uploads...never has for some reason. -Matt (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW 2002 sightings....

Yes, Maine before Michigan...just when I thought I was on the most remote fringes of the distribution lines. Overall, it seems WalMart and TRU are neck-and-neck this year as far as first sightings. On the basis of substance of those first sightings, (...) (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: NEW 2002!!! MONSTERS!!! YODA!!!

(...) These new sets sound ok, but I bet they'll all include some pointless figs, such as *yet another* cameraman! When is TLG going to put out some Studio sets that are actually useful. How about some lighting rigs that actually light up?! I know (...) (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.castle)

  Re: SW 2002 sightings....

(...) Hey Matt (and everyone), When you make these great finds, would you xpost them to .market.shopping as well? There are some who aren't SW fans or subscribers who I'm sure would love to hear about these. Thanks! Maine first?!? Wow, it truly is (...) (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.market.shopping)

  SW 2002 sightings....

Found Technic Darth Vader and Cloud Car at WalMart in Waterville, Maine. .02 -Matt (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  WTB: 1999 LEGO Toy Fair Invitation

I am an insane SW Lego collector, and I am wondering if people here have this, and how much would it take to get them to part with it? Those that are not familiar with it, but are curious can see it here: (URL) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: NEW 2002!!! MONSTERS!!! YODA!!!

"Bradley Dale" <dinosauria_ca@yahoo.ca> wrote in message news:Go77Ev.12r@lugnet.com... (...) have, (...) 2002 (...) The 380x 'MS' sets first appeared in the illicit retailers catalogue scans that were first seen early in 2001. They are (...) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2002, lugnet.town, lugnet.general)

  Re: NEW 2002!!! MONSTERS!!! YODA!!!

"Matthew Christopher" <darklord73@aol.com> wrote in message news:Go6ruo.n0u@lugnet.com... (...) have, (...) Matthew, thanks for finding this! It makes for extremley interesting reading!! I have attempted to collate the set numbers and names and (...) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  OMG - GONK PROOF (was Re:Google archives Usenet back to '81)

(...) Please forgive my enthusiasm, but Jon's post meant something very special to me :) You see, about 8 years ago I made a post to a Star Wars usenet group, coining the term "Gonk" to refer to the two-legged power droid that shows up in every (...) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.announce, lugnet.off-topic.fun) !

  Re: NEW 2002!!! MONSTERS!!! YODA!!!

(...) Ah, confirmed. I just noticed the 'next' button at the bottom of the page, and the Technic Artoo and Vader are listed as 'creator' for some bizarre reason... -jeremiah- (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.year.2002, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: NEW 2002!!! MONSTERS!!! YODA!!!

(...) This is at least the second time I've seen it referred to a "Creator Jango Fett", so while I agree this almost certainly refers to the Technic models, I wonder if the name-change is legit. General reply to the topic: Frankly I'm relieved to (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.year.2002, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: NEW 2002!!! MONSTERS!!! YODA!!!

(...) nope.....67XX sets may be town off-shoots, but more than likely they are going to be part of the (town) islander/skateboard collection. With all the favorites from Lego Island!!!! That is my opinion though.... (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2002, lugnet.town, lugnet.general)

  Re: NEW 2002!!! MONSTERS!!! YODA!!!

(...) Ooooohhhhh... I just thought of something. Look up the 380x's in the guide... Mindstorms kits. All four of these new ones are prefaced with 'MS'. Hmm... (...) What makes you say that? (...) Let's hope not, the stores have enough as it is :) (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2002, lugnet.town, lugnet.general)

  Re: NEW 2002!!! MONSTERS!!! YODA!!!

(...) brochure. The new Racers and Alpha Teams sets look like they might be "Hard to Find!" items. :( 84xx- a continuation of Speed Slammers? And could the 67xx range be new TOWN sets?!? :) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2002, lugnet.town, lugnet.general)

  Re: Question: Is anyone celebrating BYFMTWW this year?

Thanks for the acronym translation. I am sure I am not the only one to appreciate it. As for the strings, I use fishing wire that I build into the model. If you snap it between a few bricks, then it holds pretty well. Also, piece 4081 (1x1 plate (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.people, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: NEW 2002!!! MONSTERS!!! YODA!!!

(...) I wouldn't be too worried. I assume by the prices and past sets that they meant *Technic* Jango Fett. Both Fett and the new super battle droid would lend themselves nicely to the technic figures line, I bet. What catches my eye are these "MS (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.year.2002, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: NEW 2002!!! MONSTERS!!! YODA!!!

(...) --Bill. (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.year.2002, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: NEW 2002!!! MONSTERS!!! YODA!!!

What I noticed was "Creator Jango Fett" Uh-oh. (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.year.2002, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 2002 Set Reports....

(...) One more note: The note below is for the TRU in Troy, Michigan. - Trev Getting on the reporting bandwagon, All they have at the TRU here in Michigan for new SW2002 sets is the Jedi Defense with the commander droid and dark red security(?) (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 2002 Set Reports....

(...) Getting on the reporting bandwagon, All they have at the TRU here in Michigan for new SW2002 sets is the Jedi Defense with the commander droid and dark red security(?) battle droid. There is painting on the front of the dark red bodice, which (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  2002 Set Reports....

Just spotted both Jedi Defense and Final Duel Sets at TRU in Portland, Maine. Still no sign of the Ewok Attack. It seems TRU has the inside track on distribution this year, all I see at WalMart is an occasional tumbleweed. -Matt . (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 2002 Star Wars flyer

(...) True. But then again, where we stand on an issue depends on what we build; I don't build roofs. I agree wholeheartedly that a complete slope system--all the parts available in the old red and black sets, in new colors--is highly desirable and (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 2002 Star Wars flyer

(...) I'm aware. But, you used to get a dozen of them on one Black-n-Yellow-n-Gray Giant Robot (2152), then it was 2 of them on the AT-ST. And if what you want is a ROOF you're buying onesies and twosies, not an assortment or reasonable (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 2002 Star Wars flyer

(...) Yeah, I meant "gable connector." I meant apexes, as a class. But even a gable connector has uses...mecha builders, listening? (...) This doesn't bother me one bit. In fact, when I buy actual sets, I prefer fewer bricks and more (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 2002 Star Wars flyer

(...) It looks like a gable connector to me. I don't know what to make of that POOP behind it. But what's the difference? It's either one rare part or the other, obtainable in unit quantity, useless because the related elements are... unobtainable. (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  WTB: 7141 - Naboo Fighter

Anyone have a 7141, Naboo Fighter, that he/she is willing to sell? I need it new/in-box and shipped to Canada. I'll be paying via PayPal. -Roy (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.starwars)

  New Sets Report: New Jersey, USA

Hi, I visited two TRUs along the Route 1 corridor in central NJ today, and found that they have a fair number of 2002 sets now in stock, whereas four days ago they had nothing. I picked up the following: Ewok Attack 7139 $12.99 (This seems to be (...) (23 years ago, 9-Dec-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 2002 Star Wars flyer(is it just me?!??)

(...) I don't think it's the Jedi's symbol. I think it's the symbol of the Old Republic. ~Grand Admiral Muffin Head (23 years ago, 8-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 2002 Star Wars flyer

(...) Observations on the ship: That green looks like Belville lime green. The canopy is entirely new--it's not the Jack Stone one, it's far too small to be. Woohoo, white med-slope apexes! And that tail--is that a new POOP or some contrivance? (...) (23 years ago, 8-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 2002 Star Wars flyer(is it just me?!??)

(...) Yup, you are correct. When Emperor Palpatine, I mean Senator Palpatine, dissolved the Galactic Senate and made himself emperor(in Episode III) he basically kept a lot of things including the wedgie design of star fighters and capital ships and (...) (23 years ago, 8-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  My Star Destroyer MOC

Well, I am not the first to try this, and the try isn't even all that good, yet. But I am sharing it with you all, as I am finally starting to organize my Lego pictures. I might even have a Lego MOC website up sometime, but don't count on it too (...) (23 years ago, 8-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Starwars sets available.

Okay so some of you may already know this, but TLC doesn't always tell the truth. For example I just got off the phone with Legoland US and orderd 2 sets that TLC says are not available. TLC should tell us the truth. Stand up call LEGO and tell them (...) (23 years ago, 7-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Whatever happened...

Whatever happened to the cool lego site of the week? It's like the site of the month? Anyone know? (23 years ago, 7-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Part 2: Beneath the Dome

(...) I know what you mean - the cameo in 'Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back' went unnoticed until the credits. Good job they captioned Mark Hamill too. Jason J Railton (23 years ago, 7-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Part 2: Beneath the Dome

Part 2 of R2-D2 Beneath the Dome is up at Starwars.com. It is very good also, and also features Carrie Fisher, and I didn't recognzie her, I know it's been a while, but yikes! (23 years ago, 7-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: We have Ewoks!! - Speeder Bike comparison pics added

its creative, I like it. thanks for this John! Gary John Radtke <jaradtke@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:GnwH74.HtI@lugnet.com... (...) on (...) the (...) figure (...) I'll (...) fond (...) (23 years ago, 6-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: EP II LEGO Yoda SPOILER

Thanks for posting the pics. Check out this site that has the same pics plus boxed pics of both final (...) (23 years ago, 7-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: EP II LEGO Yoda SPOILER - Pics!

(...) As far as I know (and these came from a pretty respectable site), these are the real thing. -jeremiah- (23 years ago, 6-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Falcon Availability

(...) It's featured in the 2002 brochure. *shrug* Doesn't mean wide availability. Kevin (23 years ago, 6-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: We have Ewoks!!

(...) What about kids in town, castle, pirate and space scenes? (23 years ago, 6-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: EP II LEGO Yoda SPOILER - Pics!

Oh wow! Nifty. Are you telling us these are future lego sets or stuff other people made? (23 years ago, 6-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 2002 Star Wars flyer(is it just me?!??)

(...) or was it the original insignia for The Republic? (23 years ago, 6-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: EP II LEGO Yoda SPOILER - Pics!

yeah, all I have to say is sweet, Tusken Raiders!! (23 years ago, 6-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 2002 Star Wars flyer(is it just me?!??)

ok this has to do with the set basically, but more so SW itself. I haven't really been following all the EII stuff, I want to go in not knowing all that much. But out of what I have seen something has stuck out at me. Maybe this has been discussed (...) (23 years ago, 6-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  2002 Star Wars flyer

Hello all, Posted some scans last night of a flyer that was in a 7166 Imperial Shuttle set that my brother bought. I hadn't seen pictures of this set before. There seem to be some new colours like 'Kermit the Frog' - green and dark red. check it (...) (23 years ago, 6-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: We have Ewoks!! - Speeder Bike comparison pics added

Ok, finally got an original style speeder bike rebuilt for some camparison shots: (URL) the skids to the handlebars they are identical in height. From vanes to backpack they are the same length (the studs surrounding the backpack on the original (...) (23 years ago, 6-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: We have Ewoks!!

The new parts look cool, and it's especially nice to see Vader, the Emperor, and the Stormtrooper in smaller sets, but those Ewok faces are just begging for some paint (like I'm really gonna keep them!). Dave (23 years ago, 4-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: EP II LEGO Yoda SPOILER - Pics!

(...) Okay, I managed to squeeze onto the site and copy the pics. Nothing impressive, really, but I suppose nothing is impressive at that compression level :) Yes, those are the biggest versions available. (URL) that does it... the Tusken Raider set (...) (23 years ago, 6-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: EP II LEGO Yoda SPOILER

(...) Gah! I can't get anything at action-figure.com to load at all. I can ping them and receive 208.155.68.5 but that has no better results in a browser. Hopefully they come back up or someone copied the pics. In the meantime check out this tidbit (...) (23 years ago, 5-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: EP II LEGO Yoda SPOILER

(...) Nor can I! A direct link to a picture would be great if possible. -R (...) (23 years ago, 5-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: EP II LEGO Yoda SPOILER

(...) At that website, when I click the link to view the pics, nothing shows up on the browser. Does anyone else have that problem? If not, can someone else post the pics or email them to me? I'm dying to see them! Oscar (23 years ago, 5-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: EP II LEGO Yoda SPOILER

Can you post those pics... I cannot seen to load them from theforce.net. (...) (23 years ago, 5-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Rosie O'Donnell's LEGO Yoda desk

$1400, that's a steal... wish i had seen that before :/ (...) (23 years ago, 5-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Rosie O'Donnell's LEGO Yoda desk

What a cool desk! But then they went and ruined it by having Rosie O'Donnell sign it! (...) (23 years ago, 5-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Rosie O'Donnell's LEGO Yoda desk

I hadn't seen this before... (2 URLs) ) // Dave (23 years ago, 5-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  EP II LEGO Yoda SPOILER

TheForce.net has some pics of what the EP II LEGO Yoda will look like plus some more spoilers on this topic. Go here (URL) (23 years ago, 5-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Web Page: Pictures from my (uncompleted) Death Star Project

(...) (URL) (23 years ago, 5-Dec-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: Falcon Availability

(...) Not that I know of...its still advertised in the catalog...I still see it in the stores sometimes... John (23 years ago, 5-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: We have Ewoks!!

(...) Yoda --Kevin W. § (23 years ago, 5-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Where’s Mo…?

Boba Cat! Hilarious! ROFL LOL (23 years ago, 5-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.people)

  Re: New Web Page: Pictures from my (uncompleted) Death Star Project

(...) Damien, VERY! Wow. Very cool. Thanks! How do you get the Ldraw program to duplicate the lego pieces and design it? John (23 years ago, 5-Dec-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: We have Ewoks!!

(...) These are models you will be able to buy soon. At the regular stores, they are part of the 2002 line-up. the MOA LIA was just quicker getting the sets. -Jason +---...---+ Jason Spears (URL) (...) <snip> (...) (23 years ago, 5-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: We have Ewoks!!

So John, if I get this thread right, these are models you can buy and are only available at LEGO Imagination Centers? Or just the MOA? The Ewoks look great (those legs have all sorts of uses - Anakin, Jawas, Ewoks, etc.) and the other stuff looks (...) (23 years ago, 5-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Where’s Mo…?

Oh, and new stuff there shall be. Heaps. I decree it. Thanks for the interest. I was close to yanking the site entirely after I heard what the title of Episode II was going to be, but I guess I got over it. mo www.galacticbrick.com (...) (23 years ago, 5-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.people)

  Re: Where’s Mo…?

I feel like I'm attending my own wake... *dons a black shroud and frowny face* Prodded by an e-mail entity known as "Bobzilla", I finally pumped out a new episode of Boba Cat. It's good to be back. I'll have to get to these boards and other great (...) (23 years ago, 5-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.people)

  Re: We have Ewoks!!

(...) <Smiles> -R (23 years ago, 5-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: We have Ewoks!!

(...) Thanks a million for posting these! It's great to see they're going to be out for the holidays--ahhh, I'll have something fun to buy when I'm in Michigan! I like the Stubbies™. They look pretty cool. best LFB [Stubbies™ is a coinage of...well, (...) (23 years ago, 5-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  New Web Page: Pictures from my (uncompleted) Death Star Project

(...) (URL) you satistied? Damien (23 years ago, 4-Dec-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: We have Ewoks!!

(...) thanks for posting the photos Jonathan (23 years ago, 4-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: We have Ewoks!!

(...) sets... (...) studs to technic. Go play with it and give us some feedback :-) --- wubwub wubwub@wildlink.com jains.has.it <-- Jain's Guide www.sitcatsit.com <-- a guy and his cat www.wildlink.com <-- the wildlinks Start planning for BrickFest (...) (23 years ago, 4-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: We have Ewoks!!

(...) Mall Of America, LEGO Imagination Center. And to give Shiri a plug for her acronym list <big hand of applause> (URL) (23 years ago, 4-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: We have Ewoks!!

John, what is MOA LIC? (...) (23 years ago, 4-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  We have Ewoks!!

MOA LIC came through with a couple sets tonight. Final Duel II and Jedi Defence I are in and appropriately priced at $6.95. Ewok Attack is greedily marked up to $12.95. I remember last year the new SW set pricing was screwy at first so maybe that (...) (23 years ago, 4-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars) !

  Falcon Availability

Has the Falcon been officially discontinued? If you look up at FBTB, non on the Internet stores seem to have it in stock, including S@H. Anyone have word on this? - Steve (23 years ago, 3-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Get my DAT files for a Death Star project

(...) Picture would be great! I don't have L3Lab or LDView so I can't see what you are talking about and I would really like to see it somehow. Are jpegs possible through brickshelf or something? John (23 years ago, 3-Dec-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: SW 200X observations....

I too was thinking over the Thanksgiving weekend that it would be any day now that there should be 2002 set sightings popping up. FBTB says supposedly today they should be on shelves at the Mall of America in MN. (...) (23 years ago, 3-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  SW 200X observations....

Just went through some receipts from last year. I found the Imperial Shuttle, Tie and some other 2001s at WalMart on Dec 04 2000 - fresh out of their shipping boxes which were still scattered on the floor. Damn, seems like last week. I wonder if (...) (23 years ago, 2-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Get my DAT files for a Death Star project

(...) The basic idea is very simple. I have made the smallest posible X-wing, millenium falcon and other Star Wars ships. The ships are still for minifigs but do not respect the canonical proportions. The X-wing can contain Luke and R2D2 but is only (...) (23 years ago, 30-Nov-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: Get my DAT files for a Death Star project

In reference to those death star dats. Any chance those of who don't do DATS can see what you're talking about? (23 years ago, 30-Nov-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: Ultimate Mini-fig scale X-Wing

(...) Huh... no, not that many hits, actually... only 37 page loads besides me have loaded it since last night... I know the site was down for a while this morning, though. But it should have been up all day... I can get them now (4:40PM Eastern (...) (23 years ago, 29-Nov-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ultimate Mini-fig scale X-Wing

(...) Heh...what can I say, I love the mini-fig. They can look cute or devastating (or both-try making a female astronaut in all red with a clear helmet and red visor. And don't forget the weapon!) (...) problems. Traffic because everybody is (...) (23 years ago, 29-Nov-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Where’s Mo…?

(...) ***Nice to have you back!!! <Obligatory Star Wars inference> --- -For I was afraid that you’d slipped into the ‘dark side!’ (non-Lego interests) But ‘tis good to see your reemergence into the force… --- I really look forward to seein’ the new (...) (23 years ago, 29-Nov-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.people)

  Re: Where’s Mo…?

Eep, I'm still around, just lazy :). Actually, I'm still interested in the site and updating it and all that, but just haven't got much time, lately. I solemnly swear on my sacred stash of Star Wars LEGO to make a conscious effort to update at least (...) (23 years ago, 29-Nov-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.people)

  Re: Ultimate Mini-fig scale X-Wing

(...) Heh, I'm just a stickler for scale :) Often makes me wish I weren't since minifigs are so grossly disproportionate to real people :) (...) They didn't, but I put some quick ones together: (URL) notes on mine: - I'd love to try and redo it in (...) (23 years ago, 29-Nov-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ultimate Mini-fig scale X-Wing

(...) Nowhere, really. I had the Incredible Cross-section book, looked at the X-Wing from all angles in Rogue Leader, and the experience from building a UCS X-Wing (which I don't like-and no I don't own it). (...) Hmmm...I'm quite sure my entire (...) (23 years ago, 29-Nov-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Lego starwars site

(...) <snip> Did you not catch my sarcasm?!? Jude (23 years ago, 29-Nov-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ultimate Mini-fig scale X-Wing

(...) Out of curiosity, where did you go for stats and measurements? I think I got mine off the Essential Guide to Vehicles & Vessels, as well as blueprints for the Hoth base, wherein hanger 'cells' were carved especially to fit X-wings... (...) (23 years ago, 28-Nov-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars v. Harry Potter

(...) Well, you're right-- they're very different themes. And granted it's easy to come up with set ideas for SW. I mean, SW already has a HUGE bonus insofar as its spaceship designs were cool and semi-"realistic", unlike many of the space sets (...) (23 years ago, 28-Nov-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ultimate Mini-fig scale X-Wing

Thanks for the great comments guys! Looks like I was a little quick to show off, though...I changed it already <cowers>. I noticed the nose was too long so it's 4 studs shorter and looks much better. I'd put up pics of this one, but the shortened (...) (23 years ago, 28-Nov-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Lego starwars site

No, to keep their site up-to-date. OK, I guess it could have been interpreted that way. Does anybody have an idea of the structure within TLG that handles the website? It's a safe guess that a team or department is responsible for the up-keep. I (...) (23 years ago, 28-Nov-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars v. Harry Potter

I think comparing the Star Wars LEGO Sets with the Harry Potter sets isn't really fair. The Star Wars sets have essentially all been vehicle sets, whereas with Potter, aside from the train, they are all playsets. Designing a LEGO playset and a LEGO (...) (23 years ago, 28-Nov-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Lego starwars site

(...) To point out when they are wrong? <g> Jude (23 years ago, 28-Nov-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Lego starwars site

Stupid, isn't it? If TLG takes such an alleged interest in LUGNET, FBTB, etc...one would think they prefer to keep their own website current and, therefore, "competitive." I go straight to LUGNET and FBTB for the latest. Shame on TLG for abandoning (...) (23 years ago, 28-Nov-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ultimate Mini-fig scale X-Wing

(...) Best or not, Josh you have made an awesome X-Wing. Very good attention to detail and scale. Your other Star Wars models are equally impressive. Keep up the good work! Scott (23 years ago, 28-Nov-01, to lugnet.starwars)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact