 Star Wars / 12170
Re: 2002 Star Wars flyer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 03:25:11 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Erik Olson writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

  small to be.  Woohoo, white med-slope apexes!  And that tail--is that

It looks like a gable connector to me. I don't know what to make of that
POOP behind it. But what's the difference? It's either one rare part or the
other, obtainable in unit quantity, useless because the related elements
are... unobtainable.

  Yeah, I meant "gable connector."  I meant apexes, as a class.
  But even a gable connector has uses...mecha builders, listening?

I'm aware. But, you used to get a dozen of them on one Black-n-Yellow-n-Gray
Giant Robot (2152), then it was 2 of them on the AT-ST. And if what you want
is a ROOF you're buying onesies and twosies, not an assortment or reasonable
distribution.

Having white apexes available is a joke. A cruel joke. Lego can't furnish a
complete slope system before moving on to the disparate bits of the next
color. Still waiting for the gray apex bits, not to mention the green corners.
White corners? Still rare...

  This doesn't bother me one bit.  In fact, when I buy actual sets,
  I prefer fewer bricks and more plates/wings/etc--though when you
  get into pieces that are *far* too specialized, yes, I draw a line.

Well I prefer a good mixture, to reflect the Lego System in microcosm.
Especially now that bricks are out of style in 2002. Oh wait, I forgot,
bricks are out of style.

See http://news.lugnet.com/build/?n=10871 as a doodly example.

The main body of the ship is a pair of new larger multi-slope pieces. At
least it's a matched pair. The handful of tiles present are a slight
positive, but what opportunity was lost to use more tiles to make smoother
wings? A mere one episode ago, there was a generally good Naboo Fighter made
of valuable yellow parts. This set is no Naboo Fighter.

  I actually rather like it, in part because I'm a fan of the new
  slope category.

Can you stack these to get a larger continuous slope?

  Well, we may agree there.  It's not nearly as useful as 7130 was.
  However, I think it will have its uses, especially in quantity (or
  on sale, naturally).

Oh yeah. I forgot what price you get them at. I am out of ambulance-chasing
energy.

Trying really, really hard to be gracious: if there were some way that these
multi-slopes could combine into larger constructions, if they somehow formed

  Again, I'm much more optimistic.  From the general looks of it,
  that's going to be a very useful canopy, because it's not a half-
  canopy like the Naboo Fighter/B-Wing canopy, but a full flush-canopy.
  I'm already devising uses for the thing.

But you still can't build a larger canopy out of it.. What if there were
extender pieces for it.