 People / 2772
Re: Question: Is anyone celebrating BYFMTWW this year?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 21:17:51 GMT

Thanks for the acronym translation.  I am sure I am not the only one to
appreciate it.

As for the strings, I use fishing wire that I build into the model.  If you snap
it between a few bricks, then it holds pretty well.  Also, piece 4081 (1x1 plate
with clip, light:[http://img.lugnet.com/ld/4081a.gif]) works really well to hold
the wire.  I noticed that the UCS X-wing fighter model had a number of them in
strategic positions to hold the weight of the ship.  Otherwise, you have to be
really creative to hold the models up.  The tie fighters in the picture have
strings between them as well, to keep them from rotating.  (They wouldn't stay
in formation! No wonder the rebels won.)

-Alfred

In lugnet.people, Leah Cardaci writes:
In lugnet.people, Alfred Speredelozzi writes:
I am not sure I understand this either, but does this count?

My co-workers fear the rebel fleet massing at Al's cube.

Heh, That's neat. How did you attach the strings?

To clear up the confusion, BYFMTWW=Bring Your Favorite Mini-fig To Work
Week. There are some posts about it from last year and the year before on
this thread: http://news.lugnet.com/people/?n=278.

HTH,
-L