 Star Wars / 12126
Re: We have Ewoks!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 02:51:13 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, John Radtke writes:
MOA LIC came through with a couple sets tonight.  Final Duel II and Jedi
Defence I are in and appropriately priced at $6.95.  Ewok Attack is greedily
marked up to $12.95.  I remember last year the new SW set pricing was screwy
at first so maybe that will come down.  Alas, no Cloud Car.

Picked up Ewok Attack nonetheless because I just *had* to see these
mini-minifig legs.  Not to keep anyone in suspense but there will be some
grumbling here.  We have short minifigs but they did it at the expense of
articulation, yes, they are solid:
http://home.att.net/~johnradtke/minilegs.jpg
So maybe not as good as they could be but still better looking than many of
the brick options out there.

Other new pieces include the 2x6 sloped bits people have talked about:
http://home.att.net/~johnradtke/new2.jpg
the tail end of the new speeder bike:
http://home.att.net/~johnradtke/new1.jpg
ewoks of course (like Chewie - no head underneath):
http://home.att.net/~johnradtke/ewoks.jpg
the glider wings:
http://home.att.net/~johnradtke/ewokwings.jpg
and the peg connector I've never seen:
http://home.att.net/~johnradtke/new.jpg

   John,

   Thanks a million for posting these!  It's great to see they're
   going to be out for the holidays--ahhh, I'll have something
   fun to buy when I'm in Michigan!

   I like the Stubbies™.  They look pretty cool.

   best

   LFB

   [Stubbies™ is a coinage of...well, you know who you are.  ;)]