 Space / 11820
Re: Get my DAT files for a Death Star project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build
Date:
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 22:51:25 GMT

In lugnet.space, John R. Beck writes:
In reference to those death star dats.  Any chance those of who don't do
DATS can see what you're talking about?

The basic idea is very simple. I have made the smallest posible X-wing,
millenium falcon and other Star Wars ships. The ships are still for minifigs
but do not respect the canonical proportions. The X-wing can contain Luke
and R2D2 but is only 16 studs long. The millenium falcon can contain its
usual crew and is also only 16 studs long. The Y-wing and Tie fighter are
also very small.

With such small ships, building a death star that can contain them all is
still a challenge, but with official models (normally scaled) it was
impossible. In my opinion, building a death star is more appealing than
scale accuracy. As a basis I provide a 78 x 78 round base plate on wich a
full death star (I mean the top half) can be built.

You can display the DAT files with L3Lab or LDView.
I will provide pictures if requested.

Damien