 Star Wars / *10998 (-100)
  Re: Star Wars Minifig Chess Set

(...) I would have used Stormtroopers as knights, but it's hard to resist using Boba Fett. :^) ~Grand Admiral Muffin Head (24 years ago, 3-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Star Wars Minifig Chess Set

Hey, I just finished a Star Wars minifig chess set. You can check it out at: (URL) comments or other recommendations on the figs used? Tom (24 years ago, 3-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TLG and "Seeding"

(...) Actually, this explanation makes a lot of sense. I was recently looking at the instructions for the Millenium Falcon, which inexplicably uses a few odd-colored bricks at various points, pondering this very issue. Then I remembered building the (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: A-wing MOC alternate

(...) I was gonna ask the same thing! Long live He-Man! -Chris (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: A-wing MOC alternate

(...) Is that part of Snake Mountain and Castle Greyskull I see in the background? :^O ~Grand Admiral Muffin Head (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: A-wing MOC alternate

Oooo... I like it! I tried for so long to make even a simple alternate for the A-Wing and failed, but you made a VTOL Craft with such easy. And it has landing gear and rotating engines... Mmmm... (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: UCS X-Wing Review

(...) These pieces are from Scala. They're used as lamp-bases and vases and such. But in the Scala sets, they tend to be in pastel colors, not dark gray. Steve (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.starwars)

  A-wing MOC alternate

Hey all, Snapped some pics of an alternate A-wing model I built at work a while ago. I mounted the enginges on the wings to include VTOL ability. (URL) :*) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: TLG and "Seeding"

(...) Were those my only two choices? :-) I didn't find it all that hard to parse, it is only at [not level]2.. I've seen Todd do 5 or 6 without breaking a sweat, and he's wasn't even BORN in Boston. FUT o-t.fun unless you weren't being funny, in (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: TLG and "Seeding"

(...) Help me out: was that last bit straight or ironic? Steve (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: what movie?

(...) Is the "single" requirement because you don't want to deprive his monkey wife of her husband? Or are you looking for a lifelong soul-mate? I believe that all of the monkey figs I have are single... at least none appear to be wearing a wedding (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Trek Shuttle Mocs

(...) I also happen to like both, but I like Star Wars better. I only watch Star Trek, but I live and breath Star Wars. Nearly every other phrase out of my mouth is a SW quotation... :) I find myself thinking about Star Wars all the time, I only (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Trek Shuttle Mocs

(...) Well... Jar Jars can be any alien race in Space creations, or a race of aquatic creatures in a Castle setting- they don't have to be Gungans, after all. But they are limited. On the other hand, Qui-Gonn is a great fig! First, you have the (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: what movie?

(...) You can also get a monkey in the minifigure assortment available through LEGO Pitsco Dacta. It's about $35.00, and comes with scads of victims- er, I mean, town people, four trikes, a garbage can, hatchets, stretcher, fying pan, etc. etc., (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: what movie?

(...) (URL) and the French Revolution". Check it out! (...) YES! Oh for the love of bananas, YES! I have been searching for a single monkey for two years! I want to make a science vessel, and I need a monkey to perform medical experiments on in the (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW Trilogy (SE) VHS Nov. '00 Release - Widescreen?

(...) Indeed. I finally snagged my discount PS2 a few weeks ago, I bought Star Trek: First Contact (I lost my VHS version : ( ) It is really nice, you will need a remote for it, though. It also plays a good deal of PS1 games faster, Twisted Metal 2 (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.starwars)

  what movie?

(...) url? what movie? (...) wanna buy a monkey? -paul (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW Trilogy (SE) VHS Nov. '00 Release - Widescreen?

(...) Well haven't heard anything recently but I will not buy ep. 1 until its on a disc the size of a audio CD :^) Even if ep. 1 comes out sooner, I don't EXPECT the 'Classic Trilogy' to be out for a while. (...) Just throw out your tapes instead! (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: UCS X-Wing Review

(...) Hi, I have finish the part with Ldraw (33008.dat). This Piece is an Engine Pipe I mean. I don't now if this part is use in Duplo??? Marc Schickele (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Trek Shuttle Mocs

(...) <snip> (...) I prefer Star Trap myself as well, due to the intricately developed plot lines that all weave together (as best as they can considering the latest episodes acknowledge that there was no WWIII in 1996-1999, unlike the original (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Trek Shuttle Mocs

To All, (...) Now, now, gentlemen, I like both, although I give Star Trek the upper hand, even though the original was a little flaky, especially the third season. SW plots were flaky too, but the characters were pretty cool. And I always liked the (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Trek Shuttle Mocs

(...) Me too, I'd take a Wookie and a Gambler/Rogue any day over a ship full of pretty boys (and Girls) in skin tight Uni-suits... Ummm... Make that I'd take a Wookie, a Gambler/Rogue, and one of those women in skin tight Uni-suits over a ship full (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Endor Shield Generator

(...) Great platform, Jason! The fact that it is so large reflects the Imperial way wonderfully. It definitely conveys that stark, utilitarian, metallic ambiance that the Empire's constructs were characterized by. It's also very impressive when you (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TLG and "Seeding"

I've rearranged some of the remarks by Dave and James to separate the topics that they cover. I've tried to preserve context and not misrepresent their positions. (...) **unsnipping to deliver more context** (...) **snip** (...) Dave, I'm glad you (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: TLG and "Seeding"

(...) Thanks for clearing this up. I would tend to agree that using the spotter brick explanation to explain the wacky color changes on the *outside* of a lot of recent sets (e.g. the Imperial Shuttle(tm), what's wrong with either white or gray??? (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Custom fig idea- snow troopers

Ok, I'm not one to go modifying 'figs, but I figured I'd offer up the idea-- how about painting a Imperial Guard fig's helmet white and slapping it on a stormtrooper, with either the scout trooper head or a black head? Just a thought... Also faked (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TLG and "Seeding"

(...) Actually, what I meant was... Who does this particular quoted marketing and/or PR person think they're fooling? Does this particular LEGO employee think LEGO fans are idiots? Why else the stock answer? --Todd (not implying that spotter bricks (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Endor Shield Generator

(...) Thanks for sharing, Jason! That's really nice. I toyed around with making the bunker scene when I had my version of an at-at and at-st built but didn't have enough bricks so it never got done. Your platform is very nice and as someone else (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TLG and "Seeding"

well, i usually let this theme slide on by as it shows up so often and is always the same old debate, however... this time, i would like to say for the record can you really look @ some of the MOCs out there and complain about the pieces TLC is (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: TLG and "Seeding"

Actually, that's not always true. I've always attempted to make my models both colour coordinated and colour symmetric. Back to when I was playing with Duplo. I've been talking to a friend about this recently and he also did this and, like me, gotr (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Endor Shield Generator

Thanks everyone for your praise. It is really nice to hear, since my fiancee is sick of it being on the dining room table. A couple of things I wanted to point out though. The platform it's self is 3 plates thick, grey on top, blue/green/red in the (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Endor Shield Generator

(...) WOW. The whole thing is great. I like the way you can storm trooper in the group of imperial troopers (is that what they're called?). It almost makes them all look like storm troopers. NICK (-! (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Endor Shield Generator

It looks pretty nice! I assume that you didn't have enough bricks to do the radar dish? That would be cool with those big UFO saucer pieces. Jason Spears <spearjr@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:G9H578.7IK@lugnet.com... (...) one (...) land (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Endor Shield Generator

(...) I thought about the same thing, but I also thought about the Sting Ray Stormer's cockpit. It has four, quarter circle dish type pieces that may even be harder to use than the Falcon's plates (wouldn't know, don't have one). One use I've played (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: My Star Wars prototype sets... YODA

hmmm... well... I've added links to them via my regular Geocities page. Which is (URL) or (URL) sure why it's been touchy lately, sometimes I can link, sometimes not. Steven (...) close (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Endor Shield Generator

Great model - but as you rightly point out, it isn't the actual Generator thingy itself - it's "merely" a standard Imperial Landing Platform. Shuttles land on the top, ATATs can "dock" at the platforms along the side. Hey - just had a thought, you (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TLG and "Seeding"

(...) No no, it's the monkey that's up in midair on the wheelbarrow: (URL) elephant is taking a bath in his umbrella: (URL) be fair to Fabuland, those aren't really alternate models, more like "possible story/play scenarios." Very goofy scenarios. (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: My Star Wars prototype sets... YODA

(...) 08 Dec 2000 17:39:05 GMT ETag: "5f69-22d5-3a311cb9" Accept-Ranges: bytes X-Host: www79 Content-Length: 9094 Connection: close Content-Type: text/html HTTP/1.0 200 OK Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 21:24:46 GMT Connection: close Content-Type: (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TLG and "Seeding"

(...) I was just going to let this thread pass on by like so many other TLC-bashing threads, but your comments here rang the proverbial bell in my mind. As a kid (somewhere between 9 and 12 years old) I used to have a friend that would come over and (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: space resource?

Pulling this conversation over to lugnet.starwars... (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars design flaws.....

(...) Ah! I relish a good SW fracas. I wouldn't call any of these points design flaws. I would say that there is quite a bit of plot redundancy ("OK, this time we'll build it really, really big!") between ANH & DPROTJ (Disney Presents Return of the (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: My Star Wars prototype sets... YODA

Thanks, oh, what do people thing of a BOSP (Big Olive Stupe Piece) for Jabba. (...) Artistic license. I wanted to include some sort of swamp creature. I also prefer using existing pieces. Luke would be nice to include, but I figure you'd end up with (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars design flaws.....

I don't think of this as design FLAWS at all. The whole point was to try to make a movie that could be seen before the original trilogy and have it make sense and look like there was continuity. I think Lucas has even said that he wants the movies (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TLG and "Seeding"

(...) Er, make that it *would* have smacked of quality. (that's what I get for feverishly typing a message before my boss returns) james (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TLG and "Seeding"

(...) Granted, SW is a bird of a different feather. We're all well aware that it's by and large a return to old-school construction. Two points on this matter: 1) The X-Wing pretty much required new elements (engines, canopy, perhaps wings). Had it (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Endor Shield Generator

(...) It looks awesome! You've definitely captured the feel right out of the movie. Now, if we could just construct the giant dish... Sean (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TLG and "Seeding"

(...) In this discussion the Star Wars sets have been generally regarded as exceptions to the rule. Your 673 example is more on target but still overlooks the dreadful state of design in more recent Lego sets. Compare, for example, set (URL) from (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TLG and "Seeding"

(...) I don't want to sound too personally critical, but are you being serious? Sets like King Leo's Castle are more sophisticated than things like King's Castle? Or how about the 1998 Cargo Center compared to the 1984 model? And as for idea books, (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TLG and "Seeding"

(...) Are you sure about that? Since this thread goes on .starwars, lets take the X-Wing as an example. Could such a realistic looking X-Wing be constructed with the part selection as of 15 or 20 year ago? I would say probably not. The fairly new (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TLG and "Seeding"

Posting this again, I wrote it before but for some reason it didn't show up. James, I agree 100% with what you said here. I think this is pretty sad. I believe in the LEGO system of play strongly, I just wish LEGO believed in it too. -Tim (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TLG and "Seeding"

(...) For goofy... Jake, has Tomas showed you his desktop wallpaper? :) The old Fabuland set with an elephant and a wheelbarrow, and the alternate model is the elephant holding the wheelbarrow while the wheelbarrow is standing on end - the elephant (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TLG and "Seeding"

(...) Old alternate images used to suggest ways to build other things with the set pieces; Star Wars "alternates" only show ways to deconstuct the set. I will say, however, that the alternate models at the end of some of the larger set instructions (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TLG and "Seeding"

(...) What alternative images? Other than Star Wars and Technic, it doesn't seem like any sets have alternate models any more. And the Star Wars alternates seem invariably ... umm ... goofy. Steve (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO STARWARS SITE IN DISNEY ADVENTURES MAGAZINE!

(...) Yup, that's Maestro Fujita's work... he did some amazing stuff, and most of it was completed before TLG's official sets. It's good to know that his work got into a magazine... though not really suprising. The link does not have an exclamation, (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.books)

  Re: TLG and "Seeding"

(...) Point taken, but I will also trust the time I've spent observing my kids build sets by the instructions. The other color parts HELP that process. Personally I'd rather that they used wilder colors (why, in a grey model, use a blue 2x2 spotter (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TLG and "Seeding"

I have often criticized the past several years of set designs in vague terms such as "poor design values". I think I've finally found the words to clarify exactly what I don't like. Current set designs, with the notable exception of the Star Wars (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Endor Shield Generator

I came up with a model for the Endor Shield generator. Actually this is probably not the structure that actually generates the shield, but it the one that Luke gave himself up to Vader in. In my model the platform on top is large enough to allow two (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: TLG and "Seeding"

(...) **snip** (...) James has identified a fundamental problem facing LEGO in the current and future market. We're all aware (and some of us are great fans) of competitors in the construction toy market, at least one of which has made great strides (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TLG and "Seeding"

(...) I have to agree with James wholeheartedly, on pretty much every point he makes. Were some of the alternate models on old sets difficult to make? Yes, but that was part of their appeal! It was a challenge! It felt great to show the picture and (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TLG and "Seeding"

(...) I'm willing to trust that the thousands of hours of Market Research that TLC has done over the many years has given them a solid understanding of the best way to create demand for more pieces and more sets. --Todd (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TLG and "Seeding"

(...) My experience as a child was just the opposite. I always had too many colors and not enough of the same colors. That made me want to buy more sets, of course...and it still does. Marketing, marketing, marketing. (...) LOL...Yeah, right. Who do (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TLG and "Seeding"

(...) Jake, with all due respect, what models are you refering to? The models of 10, 15, or 20 years ago were far superior in terms of realism, details, and attractiveness. Yesteryear: Garage Doors Today: No garage doors Yesteryear: Cars with doors (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TLG and "Seeding"

(...) I agree with this completely. Clear, detailed, and simple instructions provide only a single path for one's building to follow; in no way do they curtail creative exploration of other possibilities. If anyone finds that current instructions (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TLG and "Seeding"

(...) But the discussion was not about MOCs...it was about building instructions for a specific design. Personally, I am inclined to trust that the thousands of hours of research that the TLG has done over the many years has given them a solid (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TLG and "Seeding"

David: (...) It is done in all kinds of sets. And it has happened for quite some time. While you are right that kids generally don't care much about the colours (neither do I for first generation models), they certainly grow more experienced and try (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  TLG and "Seeding"

This is my word for TLG's recent penchant for inserting random color bricks SW sets. Here's the excerpt from the FBTB site interview: (...) I'm referring to things like the green brick in >the Shuttle. (...) experience. We have learned over the (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: My Star Wars prototype sets... YODA

(...) Those are some really nice models. The Yoda set definitely seems like a possibility from Lego and your design looks exactly like what I would expect the official Lego set to be (though yours is sans Luke). The Cloud Car also seems a lot like (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  LEGO STARWARS SITE IN DISNEY ADVENTURES MAGAZINE!

Disney Adventures magizine had a short paragraph in their Technomania section about a lego starwars sight with about 180 re-created scenes, all made with legos! The site is (URL) . The exclimation point may not be part of the adress (I havent gone (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.announce)

  Re: decorated inverted slopes

The Octan Tanker used one on the tank. One of the car/trailer sets used one in the trailer. (...) -- | Tom Stangl, iPlanet Web Server Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | iPlanet Support - (URL) A division of AOL Time Warner | Please do (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.aquazone)

  Re: Amazing Amature Star Wars Short online

(...) Ya know, I head about this back when they were in the process of making it. Cool. :^) ~Grand Admiral Muffin Head (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Amazing Amature Star Wars Short online

Hey all, One of my regular sites just ran a story about another amature Star Wars movie called Duality. It's at: www.crewoftwo.com and it's amazing. Sure, the fighters like to spin thier double light sabers a lot and maybe aren't Ray Park or Jet Li, (...) (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: decorated inverted slopes

(...) 6348 Surveillance Squad has one inside the trailer. I'd bet some of the Futuron space sets used them too. Steve (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.aquazone)

  Re: SW Trilogy (SE) VHS Nov. '00 Release - Widescreen?

(...) There's always the official VCDs... they may not be the same quality as DVD, but at least it's digital and you don't have to rip it... :) Plus, if you get a DVD player that will play VCDs (or a VCD player,) you can watch it on your TV without (...) (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: what sets include a lightsaber blade thats not transparent?

(...) <set:5826> has two in white. (and a whole bunch of other snazzy elements) James (Who, yes, has bought one, ONLY ONE, Belville set... for parts! only!) (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: what sets include a lightsaber blade thats not transparent?

(...) In ascending cost you have, 7121 Naboo Swamp, 7144 Slave (Aust Kmart price) , 7155 AAT (all grey). (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: what sets include a lightsaber blade thats not transparent?

(...) These are the ones that most imediately come to mind: 7121 Naboo Swamp (4 Dark Gray) 7134 A-wing (2 Black) 7144 Slave 1 (2 Light Gray) 7155 AAT (2 Dark Gray) 7166 Imperial Shuttle (4 Light Gray, 1 Black) Hope the above helps.... John (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  what sets include a lightsaber blade thats not transparent?

In particular I am interested in grey but any color thats not transparent will do. I want to use it as a piece of pipe to go with my mario minifigure I have made. (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW Trilogy (SE) VHS Nov. '00 Release - Widescreen?

(...) Hard drives are big enough now, I might just rip my VHS versions into a digital format and keep them on my computer. :) --Todd (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  My Star Wars prototype sets... YODA

I've been playing around with designing some Lego style star wars proto sets... Take a look... My Yoda designs... (URL) includes a proto Jabba, Greedo, and Tuskan). My Bespin Cloud Car... DAT file is available... (URL) (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars design flaws.....

the imperial patrol boat was made before episode one and after the classic trilogy, its eu. but the fact that they looks similar, well that's just coincidink ;). i made the patrol boat (and the battle droid carrier) out of legos. if you'd like to (...) (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Star Wars design flaws.....

After recently watching Star Wars Episode One, I noticed how it seems to be a lot like the origional Star Wars Trilogy. I mean, think about it. In Ep1 and Ep 6 some big ship was blown up from the insides, and the Gungans fighting the battle droids (...) (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW Trilogy (SE) VHS Nov. '00 Release - Widescreen?

(...) The last official word was that none of the movies will be released on DVD until after Episode III is released on video, so roughly 2006-2007. However, there are lots of rumors floating around about Episode I being released on DVD in December (...) (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Official pictures of new 2001 Legos

(...) Yay! Blue flames! This means I can do that famous part from RotJ: "If you will not turn, you will be destroyed" *SQUIRT!!!* "No,*GURGLE* father*GULP*,please!,*GURGLE* :) Adrick (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  inspirational art

howD all, have just finished posting a bunch of inspirational sci-fi art to my brickshelf gallery @ (URL) w/ mywebsiteurl pics of my MOCs and a pic of Nelos Reth, Master Designer (my alter ego) my website will go down for about a week as I am (...) (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general, lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Official pictures of new 2001 Legos

(...) I have a small buggy set (it came with a packet of cornflakes or something!) sitting on my desk and it has orange flame pieces coming out the back. I was just thinking the other day, "If they were blue they'd make great lightning bolts for the (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: UCS Tie canopy looks great after Brasso'ing

Interesting. I actually liked the printing on this part very much and was pleased that the printing was fairly accurate without any "cutesy" qualities. I am hoping that they will make a plain one sometime soon since $100 is a lot to shell out to (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)

6661 Mobile TV Studio had one on the inside of the van. Nicholas Allan "Norman Mensing" <norman.mensing@gmx.de> wrote in message news:G99HMt.I39@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 24-Feb-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.aquazone)

  Re: decorated inverted slopes

(...) In which sets are / were the white ones? -Norman (24 years ago, 24-Feb-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.aquazone)

  decorated inverted slopes

feel free to slam this post w/ any/all possible relevant replies cuz its kind of a cross genre question... name as many decorated inverted slopes as you can think of that lego has actually made and name the sets that they are in if u know i know (...) (24 years ago, 24-Feb-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.aquazone)

  Re: SW Trilogy (SE) VHS Nov. '00 Release - Widescreen?

(...) Last I heard (around the time Ep1 was released on VHS) is that George Lucas has/had no intent on releasing the DVD's until after Ep3 was released and then they will be released in a massive (money-wise) 6 disk set. I have a feeling things will (...) (24 years ago, 24-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  UCS Tie canopy looks great after Brasso'ing

The UCX Tie canopy has a bunch of cheezy printing all over that doesn't look realistic and forces you to use it exactly for that. I used Brasso to clean all that off and now it looks great! It is really pretty in the trans-dark-gray. It goes nicely (...) (24 years ago, 24-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: SW Trilogy (SE) VHS Nov. '00 Release - Widescreen?

Does anyone know when the DVD is coming out? Tapes look crappy. I have the laser disk version, but its such a hassle to hook up my old laser disk player and, although it is nearly as clear as a DVD, the sound is not 5.1. Jim Stroot (...) (24 years ago, 24-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Weekend building: Nagata / DDK / Microscout - based biped walker

(...) Beauties of free hosting ... happens often in Geocities, try again. It's there. Thanks for the heads up! (24 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad, lugnet.build, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Weekend building: Nagata / DDK / Microscout - based biped walker

(...) I clicked on the link under the ray-traced image, and got a 404 error (or geocity's equivalent) ROSCO (24 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad, lugnet.build, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.robotics)

  Weekend building: Nagata / DDK / Microscout - based biped walker

Just in time for the coming weekend! Build a robot that walks on two legs using pieces from the Droid Developer kit! I hope I'm not spamming, since I sincerely hope the updates done to my site will interest people from all the groups I'm posting to. (...) (24 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad, lugnet.build, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Part 2 of the interview is up

"r2" <lego@r2eng.com> wrote in message news:G96pBK.1Gp@lugnet.com... (...) deathstar (...) Is that the one with the Tatooine and Hanger Bay areas, and the Falcon on an arm that swings out? My fiancee bought me that a while ago, it's a great set (...) (24 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Slave 1 Alternate MOC

(...) Very cool model. I think you should probably make another version with a beefier hinge and just call it "Alternate Plus". I also think you should try adding two of the "engines" on either side of the cockpit (or two cockpits on either side of (...) (24 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Part 2 of the interview is up

Lorbaat wrote in message ... (...) playsets (...) My son got a Micromachine one for Christmas. It folds up into the deathstar and opens up into a mutilayer playset. It is more stable than the other Micro playsets. Rose (24 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: UCS Xwing

My UCS X-Wing does the same thing with the cockpit, it's nice to know I didn't just get a defective one. Kevin (24 years ago, 22-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Interview with LEGO at Toy Fair

(...) Same here. I can't see anything else being a laser or plasma gun since you would want a focusing lense, and a large enough power cell. And a view finder to target. Sort of like when a ground solder has to point a laser on a target from a far (...) (24 years ago, 22-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact