 Space / 7365
Re: Star Trek Shuttle Mocs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 23:38:32 GMT

In lugnet.space, Scott Sanburn writes:
To All, • <snip>

Now, now, gentlemen, I like both, although I give Star Trek
the upper hand, even though the original was a little flaky,
especially the third season. SW plots were flaky too, but
the characters were pretty cool. And I always liked the dark
side characters better anyway, as opposed to Luke.

They both have their merits, I am sure we can discuss about
this for hours, but to each his own. : )Still, I am having
difficulty using the SW characters in my own universe, but
I'm trying.

I prefer Star Trap myself as well, due to the intricately developed plot
lines that all weave together (as best as they can considering the latest
episodes acknowledge that there was no WWIII in 1996-1999, unlike the
original series and STTNG).  None-the-less, I agree that both ST and SW have
their merits.  I try to include both into my universe.

As for difficulties to incorporating the SW characters into the AP, it
shouldn't be all that bad:

I use the techies as ship techies on my capitals or as flight crew in my bases.

The rebel pilots make good - um - pilots!  What can I say? Their flight
orange flight suits are pretty cool.  And their helmets are great - just
don't dismbark into a vacuum.

The storm troopers/tie fighter pilots (or if you can't get enough of them,
the biker scouts are a decent substitute) make great special forces space
marines depending on the look that you're trying to achieve.

The astromechs are excellent as service droids for the exterior of capital
ship hulls since we know that the feet are supposed to be magnetic (SW EP1).
Most people don't make huge capitals so I can understand how you can end up
with too many astromechs too fast in that case.

The C-3POs are EXCELLENT for use as ship androids if you need additional
hands but do not have the bunk space for them - great for monitoring
flight/engine controls on off-duty hours.

And finally the battle droids, though flimsy after 2 hours of play (ung!)
are still very good for just that - mass produced cannon fodder during
brickwars games.

It's the damn Qui-Gon's and the infestation of Jar-Jars that have NO USE
what so ever outside of a SW diorama, or the wonderful lego movie made a
couple of months ago where Jar-Jar is beheaded.

I have 1 Timmy, and about 5 Jar-Jars.  At least I *found* a use for my Timmy
(cabin boy).

~Trev
Astro Lift Co.

General Comander, Sanburn, why do you have 100 Stormtroopers
in the cargo hold?

Because I can....

:^D

Heh heh.

Scott "My space universe was modeled after Star Trek" S.