 Space / 7404
Re: Star Trek Shuttle Mocs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 21:41:04 GMT

In lugnet.space, J.D. Forinash wrote:

In article <G9ICHq.1oq@lugnet.com>, Paul Hartzog <panarchy23@yahoo.com> wrote:
"Most" of us base our MOCs and our MOC technology on Star Trek,
so how come there are tons of Star Wars MOCs out there,
and almost NO Star Trek MOCs?

Figure that minifig "scale" is around a stud per foot. That figure may be
off by 50% even, but it's close enough to get where I want to go with this.

The saucer section on Enterprise is 127 meters in diameter, according
to a random web page I found. That's on the order of 400 feet.

400 feet, even if I'm off by 50%, is still 200 studs in diameter. That's
four Big Grey Baseplates end-to-end.

And that's just the saucer section. I suspect the reason there's few Star
Trek MOCs out there is most of us just don't have the pieces for it...

Well, I *did* get a lot of bricks for my Bar Mitzvah...

<grin, duck, and run, very, very fast>

Steve
Warning: RTL old timer reference detected (lvl 001)
Continue posting? (Y/N) _