 Space / 7356
Re: Star Trek Shuttle Mocs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 20:26:04 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin writes:

Now, that's just what's in the bump on top of the saucer. The whole saucer
would
fill a room.

Let's not get carried away.  The model of the Enterprise used to film the
original series (thus not a refit like the 1701-A or a later model like the
B, C, or D) was a mere 11 feet long, and eyeballing it, it looks roughly
minifig scale.

http://members.aol.com/IDICPage2/behindthescenes.html

The saucer couldn't be more than 4.5 feet in diameter- and that's stretching-
so it would probably fit in all but the *smallest* of rooms.  It's even likely
that you could squeeze a model of the whole thing in LEGO in a room devoted to
that purpose...

but it would still take a heck of a lot of LEGO.

eric