 Star Wars / 10958
Re: Star Wars design flaws.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 20:09:07 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Robbie Anderson writes:
After recently watching Star Wars Episode One, I noticed how it seems to be
a lot like the origional Star Wars Trilogy. I mean, think about it. In Ep1
and Ep 6 some big ship was blown up from the insides, and the Gungans
fighting the battle droids is a lot like the Ewoks fighting the Imperial
Navy. The other thing I noticed( If you don't have Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
for N64, you might not know what I'm talking about)is that the 7126 Battle
Droid Carrier seems to look a lot like the Imperial Patrol Boat(in the front
at least), except that it carries droids; the size is near the same, too.
Please post your comments or any other things you noticed in common w/the
Star Wars Trilogy.

Ah!  I relish a good SW fracas.  I wouldn't call any of these points design
flaws.  I would say that there is quite a bit of plot redundancy  ("OK, this
time we'll build it really, really big!") between ANH & DPROTJ (Disney Presents
Return of the Jedi.)

Of course, I'm square in the camp that believes that TPM was spectacularly ill-
conceived, but we've ridden that one around the block a few times already, so
I'll leave it alone.