 Star Wars / 10971
Re: Endor Shield Generator
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 07:52:51 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jason Spears writes:
I came up with a model for the Endor Shield generator.  Actually this is
probably not the structure that actually generates the shield, but it the one
that Luke gave himself up to Vader in.

In my model the platform on top is large enough to allow two shuttles to land
and for some minifigs to stand around.  The pictures are here:

LMKWYT

Thanks,
Jason

PS this is my first MOC posted to Lugnet.

Thanks for sharing, Jason!

That's really nice. I toyed around with making the bunker scene when I had
my version of an at-at and at-st built but didn't have enough bricks so it
never got done. Your platform is very nice and as someone else said, it does
capture the spirit of the platform from the movie very well.

I also like how you have some rebels hidden in the foliage around the edges
of the display. Hope they wait for all those speeder bikes to head out on
patrol, first...! :)

If there is one thing I can think of to offer as constructive criticism, it
would be to try and back up just a tad when snapping the shots. It looks
like you might be too close for your camera's focus capabilities - or you
may need to change to a macro setting for close ups if there is one. While
I'm no expert on photography, I've run into this very thing in my haste to
take a "good" closeup. I learned the hard way that it's better to be a
smidge farther back and get it in focus than it is to be close and have it
come out fuzzy. It's trial and error, of course, but something to consider. :)

A VERY good job for your first posting to LUGNET! Well done! I hope to see more!

Joel Jacobsen