 Star Wars / 10976
Re: Endor Shield Generator
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 14:57:12 GMT

Jason Spears wrote:

<snip>  I also wanted to do more
of a forest around it, but after buying 10 of the Speeder bike (I got most at
K-Mart discounted) sets I just couldn't afford anymore.  Now I have to look for
a Falcon on sale, so I can get the pieces for a dish.

Great platform, Jason!  The fact that it is so large reflects the Imperial way
wonderfully.  It definitely conveys that stark, utilitarian, metallic ambiance that
the Empire's constructs were characterized by.  It's also very impressive when you
conisder the limited number of resourses that you had to go by - I can actually
only think of one, maybe two scene in ROTJ where you have a view of the platform,
and neither of those are up close (except for the very close up when Luke is with
Vader, which doesn't povide a great deal of information).

If you live anywhere near the northeast, and you decide to keep it together, we'll
have to arrange for you to come out when we play a Star Wars Brikwars game this
spring ... it would look amazing with a couple of full scale AT-ATs, some AT-STs,
speeder bikes, and scores of troops doing battle with some patchwork Rebel forces!

As for the forest - you might want to consider Lego Direct, which has 10 "Large"
and 25 Small pine trees available for 6.99 and 7.99, respectively.  Granted, when
your constructino is that scale, it's really just ground cover, but it's a quick
way to fill up the space!

Can't wait to see more ...

shaun