 Star Wars / 10965
Re: Endor Shield Generator
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 23:53:14 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Andrew Summersgill writes:
Great model - but as you rightly point out, it isn't the actual Generator
thingy itself - it's "merely" a standard Imperial Landing Platform.
Shuttles land on the top, ATATs can "dock" at the platforms along the side.

Hey - just had a thought, you could make the big dish for the Generator
using the saucer-pieces from the Falcon?  Would that work?

I thought about the same thing, but I also thought about the Sting Ray
Stormer's cockpit.  It has four, quarter circle dish type pieces that may even
be harder to use than the Falcon's plates (wouldn't know, don't have one).  One
use I've played with is a large dish.

I am exceptionally jealous that you have so many Imperial troops.
Grrrr...some of us have problems even buying one Shuttle - my particular
problem is technically known as a "fiancée".
--
Regards,

Andrew.

HAH!  Mine is 'technically' called a wife, and this whole "buying a house"
thing is currently my biggest obstacle to buying any new SW sets (or any Lego)
right now.

Sean Forbes <moeby@msn.com> wrote in message news:G9HDGD.7ur@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.starwars, Jason Spears writes:
I came up with a model for the Endor Shield generator.  Actually this is
probably not the structure that actually generates the shield, but it the • one
that Luke gave himself up to Vader in.

In my model the platform on top is large enough to allow two shuttles to • land
and for some minifigs to stand around.  The pictures are here:

LMKWYT

Thanks,
Jason

PS this is my first MOC posted to Lugnet.

It looks awesome!  You've definitely captured the feel right out of the • movie.
Now, if we could just construct the giant dish...

Sean