 Robotics / RCX / *8655 (-100)
  Re: brickOS & Cygwin with BricxCC

I have found the solution myself (and with the help of the Mindstorms Forum): Edit -> Preferences -> Compiler C/C++/Pascal Here you have to set the right paths. The OS root was wrong. (At me) It has to be /brickos and not /brickos-0.2.6.09.newConf2 (...) (20 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickOS & Cygwin with BricxCC

It was just a testprogram: int main(int argc, char *argv[]) { return 0; } But it's the same with all other progs, too. Thx Franz Steinmetz www.roboshow.de franzsteinmetz@roboshow.de (20 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickOS & Cygwin with BricxCC

(...) Post your source code and we'll tell you. (20 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: NQC's future

(...) Ok, I was right. That one didn't work, so I pasted together some DOS UART code and made a PSerial_dos.cpp file that does seem to work my antique 486 DOS PC. I put a zip file with the DOS nqc.exe, the CWSDPMI.EXE DOS extender, and the source (...) (20 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: brickOS & Cygwin with BricxCC

Hi, I want to say thanks, too, but I have a problem: I cant't compile and download programmes to the RCX. I always get the message: Compile Failed Errors found during compilation But I can download the firmware. Does anyone has a solution? Thx Franz (...) (20 years ago, 10-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  problems with "dll"

Hi, I've installed cygwin and BrickOS successfully and downloaded the helloworld program, it workes. But when I now want to download a program with dll, following message appears: bash: dll: command not found What can I do? Thanks Franz Steinmetz (...) (20 years ago, 10-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Getting started; FFT; millisecond timing

Hi everyone, my first posting. First off, heartfelt thanks to Ralph for pbForth. Having recently (Jan 2004) got hold of Mindstorms 2.0 I thought I would lay out the way I found to get up and running with pbForth. It took me a week or two to figure (...) (20 years ago, 9-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  IR to RF conversion for the RCX

Hi, As I was searching for ways to remove the "line-of-sight" problem with the RCX, I ran across this link: (URL) guys are building a complete RF module for the RCX. They are replacing the tower with a RS232-RF tower and they are also building a (...) (20 years ago, 8-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Spirit.ocx

Many Mindstorms RIS 2.0/RCX2 users like you want the ability to control their Lego creations (robots, webcams, etc.) over the Internet using a 'plug-in free' JAVA client interface. Currently only RIS 1.x users have the ability to easily perform this (...) (20 years ago, 8-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Spirit.ocx

"Don Beauchesne" <dcbeau@NoSpam.shaw.ca> wrote in message news:Hvq79y.1A9I@lugnet.com... (...) (I (...) problem (...) only the (...) Try this link for some help: (URL) -bm www.brickmodder.net (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Spirit.ocx

I'm trying to use the spirit.ocx ActiveX control and VB to program my RCX (I realize this is a NQC newsgroup, but I didn't see one for VB users). My problem is that my infrared tower runs off the USB port, but spirit.ocx exposes only the serial (...) (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: New Sensor - ADXRS300-based Gyro for the RCX

(...) I fixed it right after I posted. Sorry about that.... Cheers, Ram (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: New Sensor - ADXRS300-based Gyro for the RCX

(...) Forgot to mention that now I am ready to tackle Legway using the ADXRS300 Gyro, ADXL202 Accelerometer, and a bit of Kalman filtering. Watch out Steve, I am coming ;-) Steve, you did an AMAZING JOB on LegWay!!!.... Cheers, Ram (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: New Sensor - ADXRS300-based Gyro for the RCX

(...) ROSCO (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  New Sensor - ADXRS300-based Gyro for the RCX

Hi, Here is my prototype Analog Devices-based ADXRS300 Gyroscope sensor for the RCX. Check it out at: (URL) (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RE: Bluetooth and firmware query

Mike, If you're interested, pbForth replacement firmware may be the answer for many of your issues. My serial driver for the RCX is a straight half duplex that turns off the receiver when transmitting to avoid echoes from the IR. It could be (...) (20 years ago, 5-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Bluetooth and firmware query

As some of you may know, we have been hacking RCXs and adding bluetooth modules. What would make life easier is some help modifying the firmware to increase the speed of the serial protocols to the max the Hitachi chip can handle, which is a lot (...) (20 years ago, 5-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: NQC's future

(...) I probably botched the DOS serial driver, but you could give this build a try. (Requires at least a 386) (URL) had the djgpp version of gcc lying around from a previous DOS project, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Don (20 years ago, 3-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: NQC's future

(...) I'm not likely to ever attempt such thing. Sorry about that. Maybe someone else will. John Hansen (20 years ago, 2-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: NQC's future

(...) Call me kooky, but I'd like to see actual DOS support (ie, non-Win32s specific code) for the serial port. I have an old, trusty Win3.11 laptop that I want to use when taking my RCX out to events, for last minute fiddling. I've found version (...) (20 years ago, 2-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Mounting PCB boards inside a lego brick

(...) Is that stuff non-conductive? Ram (20 years ago, 1-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Mounting PCB boards inside a lego brick

Hot glue? (20 years ago, 1-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Mounting PCB boards inside a lego brick

Hi, I am in the process of creating a new sensor for the RCX (more on that later), but I need the sensor to be level otherwise the readings might be off. Since this is my first attempt at creating a sensor (and my first attempt at soldering after a (...) (20 years ago, 1-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: A/C Adapter for RCX 1.0

(...) When a fellow MichLUGer brought up the question of hooking up an external power supply to a 2.0 RCX, a lot of these interesting little facts popped up. From the way it sounded, the RCX has a maximum amperage draw, and each side of the bridge (...) (20 years ago, 31-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, FTX)

  Re: A/C Adapter for RCX 1.0

"Purple Dave" <purpledave@maskofdestiny.com> wrote in message news:HvF094.18ED@lugnet.com... (...) RCX, it (...) to (...) first (...) power. (...) of (...) the US (...) that's a (...) The RCX and the train controller both utilize a circuit known as (...) (20 years ago, 31-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: A/C Adapter for RCX 1.0

(...) The RCX has a bridge rectifier inside, that converts the AC to DC. It also has a voltage regulator that allows it to take a fairly large input voltage range. You can safely power it with a DC supply, however I wouldn't recommend leaving it on (...) (20 years ago, 31-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, FTX)

  Re: A/C Adapter for RCX 1.0

(...) Does it have a switch, or does it just magically figure out what voltage to supply? (...) I have no idea. You'd really need to ask someone who understands the guts of the RCX. I also have no idea why TLC would use strictly AC adapters when the (...) (20 years ago, 31-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, FTX)

  Re: A/C Adapter for RCX 1.0

I must also be blind. In tiny raised print just above the port on the RCX, it says "9-12V~". Had I seen that I would never have asked my original question in the first place. But I'm still curious about whether the RCX runs on AC or DC power. Does (...) (20 years ago, 31-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, FTX)

  Re: A/C Adapter for RCX 1.0

(...) Wait, are you saying the RCX runs on AC power? You are right that the 12V adapter I got puts out AC. I didn't notice that before -- I thought it was an AC to DC converter. Then I checked my train adapter, and it's identical to the one I just (...) (20 years ago, 31-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, FTX)

  Re: A/C Adapter for RCX 1.0

(...) The LEGO adapters output AC voltage, but most retail adapters output DC, which will burn out your RCX. I've heard that you can find AC-output adapters at Radio Shack, but... (...) Trains still continue to use 9V AC adapters, so buying one (...) (20 years ago, 30-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, FTX)

  A/C Adapter for RCX 1.0

I bought an RCX with an AC adapter jack and an AC adapter from Pitsco. They arrived today. But when I opened the adapter I saw that it outputs 12V, not 9V. It's an old Dacta AC adapter from 1996 (copyright date on packaging). I already tried using (...) (20 years ago, 30-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, FTX)

  Re: RCX to Spy messages thru IR communications route

(...) Hi John, It does work. The RCX appears in the Spybot's World Table. The Range is set to Anywhere. Pretty cool... --Jay (21 years ago, 29-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RCX to Spy messages thru IR communications route

(...) Boy, this RCX to Spy IR comm thing is sure going the right way! The SPYBOTICS are a little known and hidden LEGO gem. Gramps Eddie & Grandson CJ (21 years ago, 26-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RCX to Spy messages thru IR communications route

(...) I presume that somewhere that data is being dropped. It isn't showing up as data the tower reports to the operating system. I haven't actually tried the function I posted the other day so it is entirely possible that a Spybot will not (...) (21 years ago, 26-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RCX to Spy messages thru IR communications route

I'm a little surprised that the Spybot doesn't need to see the packet header byte - the byte containing the range/orientation bits preceding the 0x8n Ping byte. The header is deliberately generated with the stop bit cleared to force a framing error. (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RCX to Spy messages thru IR communications route

(...) Yes, that is what another person told me via email yesterday. So a ping simulation function for an RCX running the RCX2 firmware could be: // nLinkID = 0-7, where 0 = no link, 7 = pc link, 1-6 = controller link // nMyID = 8-255 (minBotID = 8, (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: "...not within region ram" compile error in key_handler( )

(...) Hi Brian, Others have reported this problem as well. Check out this thread for a fix: (URL) (21 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  "...not within region ram" compile error in key_handler( )

I have been adding some button functionality to key_handler() in program.c. I have been getting numerous compile errors like "address 0xb016 of getaddress.dc1 section .bss is not within region ram". It seems to occur when I increment an int (e.g. (...) (21 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: USB tower/Linux/Firmdl not working nicely together

Hi Stephen, Any progress with the Linux 2.6 USB Tower ? If need some one to test, please post a link to NCQ. Regards, Pieter (21 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RCX to Spybot communication

This is a reposting of a message I posted yesterday in just the Spybotics newsgroup. I forgot to add .rcx and .rcx.nqc so I thought it was worth the double post. My apologies. (...) Okay, after banging my head against this for WAY too long I think I (...) (21 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Solved my problem with lnpd

Hi, That patch didn't make any difference for me. I still cant receive from the tower atleast not with integerity packets. What does the code you removed do ? //PAtrik (...) (21 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Use of lnp_addressing_write() in an RCX program.

When setting lnp address using dll, you dont have to specify rcx target so I guess you are using integrity_write for that. So in this case you have to write a program for the receiveing RCX to make it change address(If you haven't done that). This (...) (21 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Threaded LNP problems

Hi, I've written a small program with a few rcx's moving around trying to communicate with each other through IR. Every Robot is supposed to send it's lnp address every 100ms in a seperate thread, listen for other robots in another thread and move (...) (21 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legousb driver under kernel 2.4.20-athlon

(...) Yes, as stated the module drive you installed was compiled for a different kernel. Download the source from legousb.sourceforge.net and compile it yourself instructions are included in the tar.gz file. //Patrik (21 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  LejWay (Re: Legway with Standard Lego Light Sensors)

Salut Philippe, hi everybody, (...) a Lejos version. The hardware is the same with two sensors, and the program is loosely based on yours. Tweaking was not easy, but with a little luck the program below now manages to stand on a sheet of white paper (...) (21 years ago, 17-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: Problem with lego pneumatic parts

(...) If the "new pneumatic designs" are what we saw with 8455 and 8436 with the round bottom cylinder and the new type switch, next we can expect to see would be a new hand pump, but that's about all that can be new. Well, unless they expand the (...) (21 years ago, 17-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Problem with lego pneumatic parts

(...) Right, the service pack stuff is not available any more :^( As I mentioned the Technic Backhoe (8455) is currently sold by LEGO. It contains 10 cylinders, 7 switches, two hand pumps, pneumatic T's and hose. Clearly LEGO makes pneumatic T's. (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RE: Problem with lego pneumatic parts

I called up the parts manager to discuss the matter. What if people want to elaborate on the existing kits, they need parts, but not another smaller sets... Besides, they really no longer sell the T-junction... Well! However, he said LEGO over (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Problem with lego pneumatic parts

(...) Other than this? (URL) I thought Pitsco *used* to sell the T-junctions as well. Perhaps asking...? (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Problem with lego pneumatic parts

(...) and I have over 100 pistons (large plus small) from bricklink. I also recommend the 8455 Technic Backhoe. It has new form factor pistons which make it a bit more challenging to hook two pistons together back to back, but challenges are fun! I (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: The grand challenge

Was it last year or the year before that the big competition was the underater robot which had to navigate thru some sort of course. IIRC, the MIT team came in first, but their 'bot cost some outrageous amount--and the second place team used 2 RCX's (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Problem with lego pneumatic parts

(...) Try Bricklink: (URL) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RE: The grand challenge

(...) Comparing the sophistication involved in those vehicles and lego mindstorms based robots are far stretching. The links you provide are not related to lego mindstorms, but they definitely do look interesting, of course. Some of the teams at (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Problem with lego pneumatic parts

Hi, I am looking for some lego pneumatic parts, such as the pistons, cylinder and the T-connectors for connecting the tubes. First of all, pistco does not sell the T-connectors separate from the kit (~$100). Neither do they sell the pistons, or the (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  WinLNP is gone

Hi all, I'm working on stuff in BrickOS, and it'd be really helpful to be able to use LNP to communicate with my brick and get data from it. Unfortunately it seems the WinLNP site is gone. Does anybody have suggestions where I could get WinLNP, or (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: The grand challenge

(...) Yes I know, and I'm also looking how they do (looks like game is over now, after at most 11 of 229km). So I was not really serious, but neither was I 100% joking. There have been serious robot competitions where Mindstorms based robots have (...) (21 years ago, 13-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RE: The grand challenge

Yeah... The only two team got the farthest, ~ 7 miles from the starting point. They both got stuck in gravel embankment, front wheel spun and could not get out. According to some insider info, speculation indicates the possible errors in the GPS (...) (21 years ago, 13-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  OutputStatus

Hi! I think many of you wonder what results you get with the command OutputStatus(OUT_x). I have tested it and here are the results: SetPower | Float Fwd | Float Rev | Off Fwd | Off Rev | OnFwd | OnRev ---...--- 0 | 0 | 8 | 72 | 64 | 136 | 128 1 | 1 (...) (21 years ago, 13-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: The grand challenge

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, "Elizabeth Mabrey" <emabrey@storming-robots.com> wrote: (snip) Looks like nobody won. I was watching via the tracking app and no one got farther than 7 miles... According to this article many competitors did not get (...) (21 years ago, 13-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics)

  (canceled)

  RE: The grand challenge

By the way, look at the TerraMax from Ohio-State (well, seems that part of the team members from companies, some graduate students). It looks a gigantum RCX brick :-) (...) (21 years ago, 13-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RE: The grand challenge

It is conducted by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA). Participants from across United States invented and built their own autonomous grand vehicles to compete by being the first one to complete the designated route, dessert like (...) (21 years ago, 13-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: The grand challenge

(...) I'm sure a LEGO Mindstorms robot would have won, if they only had let them participate ;-) Jürgen (21 years ago, 13-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  The grand challenge

Hi all, I'm sure some of you may have already watching this. Check out the Grand Challenge taken place in CA. The Grand Challenge Events - Autonomous Ground Vehicles, www.grandchallenge.org. I wish they would boardcast this, or have them (...) (21 years ago, 13-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: NQC ideas

(...) Not me in any case, see my other post. Jürgen (21 years ago, 12-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC ideas

(...) Who says NQC has to be C99 compliant? Thanks for the update though. I've not been following C updates. (...) Kevin (21 years ago, 12-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC ideas

(...) As of C99 that is no longer true, though still current usage to support older compilers. Jürgen (21 years ago, 11-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC ideas

(...) I'd say go for it, it is still quite uncommon for C programmers to put their variable declarations elsewhere. Jürgen (21 years ago, 11-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: legousb driver under kernel 2.4.20-athlon

(...) You can try to add -athlon at the end of EXTRAVERSION so that it becomes -4GB-athlon in the kernel Makefile, and then recompile. Jürgen (21 years ago, 11-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: NQC ideas

(...) Hi John, C is more restrictive than C++ when it comes to variable declaration. In C, you can only declare variables at the beginning of a block before any executable. Well, lets see..... any variables declared outside a function are by (...) (21 years ago, 11-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  NQC ideas

NQC is definitely sticking with its C heritage with respect to semi-colons. Elisabeth mentioned fancier math and IP features. Neither of those seem possible when you consider that the compiler has to generate code that runs on the LEGO firmware (...) (21 years ago, 11-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Driver for Linux USB Tower

How did you do to specify that it is an 2.4.20-4GB-athlon kernel version? When I'm trying to compile it using : ./configure make su make install the complier says : /lib/modules/2.4.20-...usbtower.o was compiled for kernel version 2.4.20-4GB while (...) (21 years ago, 10-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  legousb driver under kernel 2.4.20-athlon

I tried to install the usb driver on my 2.4.20-4GB-athlon kernel. After the configure and make part I take root identity and try the make install but the compiler give me that error : /lib/modules/2.4.20-...sbtower.o: kernel-module version mismatch (...) (21 years ago, 10-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Voltage>10V????

Hi, I think it is better to continue the discussion here so everybody can profit. (...) The difference is probably negative, often the voltage increases after batteries get a little exercise, maybe because they get warmer. Can you try to display it (...) (21 years ago, 10-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: Change the the parity setting of the IR tower.

(...) I have a serial IR tower, but what do you mean by "just do it"? Is there a way to alter the hardware or anything else so that the tower understands 8N1? (21 years ago, 10-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RE: Ideas for NQC

(...) I could not agree more with Kevin. Adding a feature, such as adding in more intricate math functions, or add in tcp/ip socket support, etc. is more fruitful than making the language syntax more like others just because someone is not used to (...) (21 years ago, 9-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Ideas for NQC

(...) I object to this proposed change. Lack of knowledge of a language's syntax does not justify changing the syntax. (...) [SNIP] Kevin (21 years ago, 9-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Voltage>10V????

Hi, (...) maybe your RCX is broken? What value do you get, >28000? Jürgen (21 years ago, 9-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: Change the the parity setting of the IR tower.

Hi, (...) that depends on which tower you are talking about: - For the serial tower just do it. - For the USB tower it seems you can't, as there is no documented function to do that. Jürgen (21 years ago, 9-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Ideas for NQC

(...) Well, it won't be easy. It doesn't help that I've been working long hours at my day job either. But I'll do my best. (...) [...] (...) In C & C++ it is not optional to use a semi-colon at the end of a line. The same goes for Java, C#, and (...) (21 years ago, 9-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: USB tower/Linux/Firmdl not working nicely together

(...) I have a working USB-tower in linux 2.4.21 using the cvs legousbdriver and nqc2.5r3. I use nqc for brickos installation 2.5.09 and dll included for lx uploads. I think I patched the brickos source with a usb patch from either (...) (21 years ago, 9-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RE: Ideas for NQC

(...) ...a bit like NQP (Not Quite Pascal) :D ? (...) That would have to be called NQB (Not Quite BASIC) ;) Ok, now, seriously, this could be usefull for lazzy typists like me, but remember that C is case sensitive, so, how could BricxCC decide (...) (21 years ago, 9-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Voltage>10V????

Hi and thanks to all that answered my questions. I'm using the method 'getVoltageMilliVolt()' in my robot. But i don't understand the value that i get, more than 10000 mV, why? if 9600mV is the total voltage that batteries provide. Bye and thanks (...) (21 years ago, 9-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Change the the parity setting of the IR tower.

Can I change the parity setting of ther IR tower so that I can use 8 data bit, no parity, 1 stopbit instead of 8 databit, odd parity, 1 stopbit. I want to access the IR tower with a serial port that has only the settings 8N1. (21 years ago, 9-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Ideas for NQC

Hi John, Now that Dave Baum has given you the control under NQC, how will you manage to work both on NQC and on BricxCC??? I recomend the following changes: For NQC, something that you can add is optional use of semi-colon. It's a pain when I do a (...) (21 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  RE: NEW LEGO USB Driver

(...) Someone who's name I forget (you know who you are!) said definitely that hyperthreading cannot be simply disabled in BIOS - that Windows has to be reinstalled with a non-hyperthreading kernel. And to answer your musings in the first (...) (21 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  RE: NEW LEGO USB Driver

As Mike pointed out, it is a hyper-threading problem. The reason for winXP not working, but W2K works, may very well be that W2K does not support hyperthreading feature, but WinXP does. I wonder if Mike or anyone does indeed disable the (...) (21 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: LegOS USB Support (for RCX 2.0)

Could you please send me all your files? (21 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: USB tower/Linux/Firmdl not working nicely together

(...) Sounds promising. I can do some testing for you is you want. Is the code where you are working on available via CVS, perhaps I can do some coding too. Cheers Bart (21 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: USB tower/Linux/Firmdl not working nicely together

Definitely interested in helping you test when it's working. Regards, Mark. (...) ---...--- The real purpose of books is to trap the mind into doing its own thinking. -- Christopher Morley Mark Syms <mark@marksyms.demon.co.uk> (21 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: USB tower/Linux/Firmdl not working nicely together

Bart, (...) The problem is that USB tower on linux is not supported by firmdl3/dll at the moment. I'm working on that capability now. If I can, my intent is to have it work for 2.4 (user added driver) and 2.6 (built-in driver) kernels. The USB tower (...) (21 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: [long] Interrupt programming, buggy code

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 17:54:47 GMT "Mark Riley" <markril@hotmail.com> wrote: Hi Mark, (...) [snip] (...) [snip] And that was it, indeed! Many to you, as well as Ralph and Kevin who tried to help me. There shouldn't be much trouble for me I think (if we (...) (21 years ago, 2-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: [long] Interrupt programming, buggy code

(...) Eh... Never mind this bit. I just had a gander at Kekoa's rcxlib and he already handles this correctly in debug_value(). Should've known! :-) Mark (21 years ago, 2-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RE: [long] Interrupt programming, buggy code

Much better and more accurate answer from Mark - who knows a lot more about GCC that I do :-) I should stick to commenting on assembly language stuff. Ralph (...) <snippage> (21 years ago, 2-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: [long] Interrupt programming, buggy code

Hi Benjamin, When you declare your ISR as an interrupt_handler, GCC terminates the function with an "rte" instead of an "rts". The ROM code that dispatches the interrupt to your function is already doing the rte so your function should not. Here's (...) (21 years ago, 2-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: [long] Interrupt programming, buggy code

(...) All I can give you is guesses. There are pleny of gurus here who will know the answer. Do you know if the display_debug() routine or any of the things it uses depends on the interrupts you are taking over? If default interrupt handler provides (...) (21 years ago, 2-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RE: [long] Interrupt programming, buggy code

Having fun yet :-) There are a few things you might want to keep in mind when writing ISRs for the RCX... First, avoid calling into the ROM from an interrupt handler. You never know how long they take, and you may in fact be hitting another OCIA (...) (21 years ago, 2-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  [long] Interrupt programming, buggy code

Hi all, I am currently programming the Lego RCX at low-level (plain C) using the GCC cross-compiler for Hitachi H8/300 and Kekoa Proudfoot's LibRCX. In fact, I'm designing exercises for students that learn micro-controller programming. Therefore, I (...) (21 years ago, 2-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  rcx communications

hello, for the needs of a robotic course, I am looking for programs for 2 rcx that will make 2 robots communicate and enable some "team play". if you have examples to send me, I will be pleased to get some help. my email: gros_chacal@hotmail.com (...) (21 years ago, 2-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: Get/SetCommTimeouts

"Dick Swan" <dickswan@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message (...) I kind of suspected that .. but was not sure. I looked in the source of NQC and brickOS (and some programs I found on the Web) and they all seemed to use these functions regardless. But I (...) (21 years ago, 1-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact