 Robotics / RCX / 2368
RE: [long] Interrupt programming, buggy code
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 2004 16:04:08 GMT

Having fun yet :-)

There are a few things you might want to keep in mind when
writing ISRs for the RCX...

First, avoid calling into the ROM from an interrupt handler.
You never know how long they take, and you may
in fact be hitting another OCIA interrupt while you're in the
ROM code.

Second, clear the OCIA flag just before you exit the ISR, not at
the beginning. This avoids receiving another interrupt while
you're processing the first one...

Third, some of the ROM routines have a bug that occurs when the
stack pointer is right on a 256 byte boundary. I can't remember
which ones, exactly... :-(

Fourth, update the LCD in the main routine.

Good luck!

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbForth>

Buy "Extreme Mindstorms: an Advanced Guide to Lego Mindstorms"
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1893115844/hempeldesigngrou>
Reply to:      rhempel at bmts dot com