 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1669
Re: NQC's future
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics
Date:
Sun, 11 Apr 2004 02:15:13 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, Don Heyse wrote:
In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, John Hansen wrote:
In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, Jack Hawk wrote:
Call me kooky, but I'd like to see actual DOS support (ie,
non-Win32s specific code) for the serial port. I have an old,
trusty Win3.11 laptop that I want to use when taking my RCX out to
events, for last minute fiddling. I've found version NQC v1.3
recompiled to work under DOS (with source code), but I'd really
like to use some of the newer features of NQC.

I'm not likely to ever attempt such thing.  Sorry about that.
Maybe someone else will.

I probably botched the DOS serial driver, but you could give this
build a try.  (Requires at least a 386)

Ok, I was right.  That one didn't work, so I pasted together
some DOS UART code and made a PSerial_dos.cpp file that does
seem to work my antique 486 DOS PC.  I put a zip file with the
DOS nqc.exe, the CWSDPMI.EXE DOS extender, and the source file
PSerial_dos.cpp here:

  http://ldglite.sf.net/nqc30dos.zip

Enjoy,

Don