 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1607
Re: NQC's future
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 14:22:47 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, Brian Davis wrote:
John Hansen wrote:

I'm very interested in hearing from NQC users what their
needs/wishes are for future enhancements.

   Here's a suggestion/question: is it possible (either in the current
incarnation or a future one) for NQC to use FastTimer() as a source for events?
Timer() works, but not (it seems) FastTimer().

According to the LEGO documentation, only the normal (source 1) Timers can be
used as an event source.

The ‘sensors’ for which events can be generated are:
·  Physical sensors (Source 9, Range 0-2, Logical number 0-2)
·  System timers (Source 1, Range 0-3, Logical number 3-6)
·  IR Message (Source 15, Range 0, Logical number 7)
·  Counters (Source 0/21, Range 0-2, Logical number 8-10)

So I don't think I'll be able to add support for FastTimer as an event source.

John Hansen