 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1609
Re: NQC's future
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 21:41:40 GMT

"Brian Davis" <brdavis@iusb.edu> wrote in message
<<snip>> is it possible (either in the current > incarnation or a • future one) for NQC
to use FastTimer() as a source for events?
Timer() works, but not (it seems) FastTimer().

I think your question probably meant "can I use FastTimer in defining
events because I want better resolution than is possible with using
Timer"? Unfortunately, this is not possible. Standard firmware checks
for new timer events immediately after a tick of the 100 millisecond
counter that drives the timers. There is no way to improve the
resolution.

At alternative implementation  is to bypass the use of an event timer
and use 'wait' opcode. This does provide 10-millisecond resolution.