 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1582
Re: NQC's future
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics
Date:
Tue, 2 Dec 2003 22:23:32 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, Mark Riley wrote:
In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, John Hansen wrote:

John, thanks for taking on the maintenance and improvement of NQC.

I am happy to help out as best I can.  Unfortunately, there is little chance
that I will do as good a job as Dave Baum has done over the years.  But I'll try
my best.

Sometime in the next few months I hope to explore adding support for the Spybot
stack with subroutine parameters and calling other subroutines from within a
subroutine.

I'd definitely like to see this one implemented, when you can find the time. :-)

Yes.  When I can find the time.  I'm also trying to find the time to do a few
cool things with BricxCC and support for the Spybot EEPROM as well.

I also wanted to ask folks whether they use the asm statement much, if at all,
in their own programs.  The '&' is already used in the asm statement with a
somewhat different meaning, so I have been considering changing the asm
statement to use some other character so that I can more easily use '&' in such
expressions as '&x' to mean "take the address of x":

void Foo(int* a)
{
  *a = 10;
}