 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1585
Re: NQC's future
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics
Date:
Sat, 6 Dec 2003 19:00:23 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, Speedsthatbeat wrote:
In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, Trevyn Watson wrote:
3. Non-standard firmware download support.
All of the above are in various stages of completion.  I'm pretty excited about
the progress I've made so far with pointers.

All,

I thought that the spybot could not have the firmware replaced. Am I wrong?

-Andrea

I think you are the victim of too much snippage... :-)  If you reread the
original message, there is indeed mention of adding various Spybot related
features but the "non-standard firmware support" was in reference to NQC in
general.  I assume for downloading things like BrickOS, LeJOS, LDCC, etc. to the
RCX.

It would be cool, though, if there was some hackability possible with the
Spybots...

Cheers,

Mark