 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1629
1628  |  1630
Subject:
Ideas for NQC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 2004 23:18:30 GMT

Hi John,

Now that Dave Baum has given you the control under NQC, how will you manage to
work both on NQC and on BricxCC???

I recomend the following changes:

For NQC, something that you can add is optional use of semi-colon. It's a pain
when I do
a program as simple as this:

task main()
{
    On(OUT_A)
}

and the compiler says:
line 4: Error: parse error.
Semi-colon is not necessary if commands are in different lines, they are only
necessary between commands in the same line.  I think this is not part of the
API, it is part of the programming language.

For BricxCC, I suggest adding automatic correction of command case. For example,
if you write
playtone(523,10), instead of showing "undefined function 'playtone' in line xx",
try to make BricxCC change it into PlayTone.

Maybe these changes are already made. I have BricxCC 3.3 (build 3.3.7.5) and NQC
2.5a1. What are the last versions available?

"John Hansen" <JohnBinder@aol.com> wrote in the message
I'm very interested in hearing from NQC users what their needs/wishes are for
future enhancements.

Here's my current list of updates/enhancements that I am working on.

1. Built-in and documented Spybot API.
2. Fast firmware download via USB tower for windows platform.
3. Non-standard firmware download support.
4. Pointers.

All of the above are in various stages of completion.  I'm pretty excited
about the progress I've made so far with pointers.

Thanks,

John Hansen