 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1599
RE: NQC's future
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 15:45:40 GMT

Something I'd like to see implemented in NQC is a mixed-mode multiply/divide,
similar to the */ operator in Forth, with an intermediary 32bits product. That
would greatly ease precision calculations without requiring major structural
modifications.

Ha Ha, very funny :-)

Seriously, Philippe, why not give pbForth a try? I know that NQC works great
on both the Spybots and the RCX, and even Cybermaster.

But if you're looking for speed, higher precision, lots of variables
and generally more horsepower without the BrickOS complexity....

I've just added basic DCC to the kernel and separated pbForth into
three flavours, basic, servo enabled, and DCC enabled.

I'm adding more and more tutorials as we move along, and I'm still actively
developing pbForth - recent RCX rumors notwithstanding.

Cheers, Ralph

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbForth>

Buy "Extreme Mindstorms: an Advanced Guide to Lego Mindstorms"
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1893115844/hempeldesigngrou>
Reply to:      rhempel at bmts dot com