 Robotics / NXT / 766 (-100)
  events /nxt vs. events/rcx

Hi, I tried to write some code to simulate the events like in RCX. It starts to look cluttered. I understand that NXT VM does not support events like you find in the RCX. Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated! Elizabeth (17 years ago, 31-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  documentation on bt / nxc

I have two bots set up some meaningful ack and nack conversation. However, when one bot/slave lost connection, e.g. terminated abruptly, the sender (master) does not notice that it indeed lost it. The ReceiveRemoteNumber(INBOX, true, ack) does not (...) (17 years ago, 31-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  name your nxt

Hi, SetBrickDataName(str) seems to be able to only change the name of the nxt temporarily. Once the nxt is started, it loses the name assigned thru the SetBrickDataName earlier. Idea? --Elizabeth (17 years ago, 31-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Moving NXT motors by hand

(...) Well, if by "more qualified" you mean "have abused their hardware harder than average, yes :-). Since day 1 I've back-driven the NXT motors by hand, including the magic motor demo (not as efficient with the NXT motors, but it does work), using (...) (17 years ago, 29-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Moving NXT motors by hand

(...) Well, I don't want to claim to be an expert, but I'll tell you what I've done. I have a couple remotes that I've been using for over a year, and I haven't had problems with them. One not only uses the rotation sensors, but also uses the motors (...) (17 years ago, 29-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  RE: Moving NXT motors by hand

Hand crank it alone should be find. As a matter of fact, that's how we demonstrate to kids a generator. However, just to be on the safe side, I would recommend you not to hand crank it when it is hooked onto to the power source, especially when it (...) (17 years ago, 28-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Moving NXT motors by hand

Thanks! (17 years ago, 28-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Moving NXT motors by hand

(...) John, there are a lot of people using the NXT motors this way, just to get the feedback from the built-in rotation sensors. The best example would be the MDPers who built one joystick with a NXT kit to control a moving vehicle made with (...) (17 years ago, 28-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Moving NXT motors by hand

Hi John, I would not think so, as the NXT's own construction guide has a pick and place (blue ball, red ball) robot, that has hand cranks to move it into position. Danny (...) (17 years ago, 28-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Moving NXT motors by hand

Hi: Sometimes my son and I move the NXT motors by hand, for instance, by attaching something to the holes in the orange hubs to act as a crank. We wonder if that's bad for the motors. Does anyone have an opinion? Regards, John and Will (17 years ago, 28-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  robosoccer ball problem

Hi all, I am trying to get some middle school kids playing a bit with the robosoccer idea. I don't want to frustrate them with the fluctuating IR ball. So, I am planning to find a constant "lighted" ball for them instead, but no luck. Wonder if (...) (17 years ago, 28-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Gripper/Register for Light Sensor Experiment

I want to create a platform for experimenting with the light sensor. At the moment, I'm thinking of cutting off the gray-scale and color bars off the NXT Test Pad that comes from the commercial kit. The strip would then be mounted on some device, (...) (17 years ago, 26-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Using NXT Port 4 EIA-485

(...) Does anybody have an NXC program that demonstrates the use of RS485 communications? (17 years ago, 25-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking)

  Re: bitwise operators

(...) ...and if you are talking about NXT-G, there is a bitwise manipulation block, written by Mike Gasperi and Steve Hassenplug, available here: (URL) list of available blocks is here: (URL) (17 years ago, 25-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: bitwise operators

(...) Are you talking about NXC or NBC or some other programming language? The standard NXT firmware does support bitwise logical operators such as and, or, and xor. In both NXC and NBC you can use these operations as you would expect in a C-like (...) (17 years ago, 24-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  bitwise operators

I looked thru the doc, it looks like it does not allow bitwise operators like IOR, XOR, AND, etc. Is this correct? Or, I have overlooked something? --thanks Elizabeth (17 years ago, 24-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  RE: determine the degree of turning by using ultrasonic sensor

Ok... I wrap every sequence of motion control with mutex. I created a movement macro which basically just wrap the command(s) around with acquire and release. By the way, would someone tells me how I'll find out how the mutex datatype implemented. (...) (17 years ago, 22-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  RE: determine the degree of turning by using ultrasonic sensor

Found it... RotateMotor(OUT_C, 100, turn); x = MotorRotationCount(OUT_C); --E -----Original Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway...ugnet.com] On Behalf Of Elizabeth Mabrey Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 12:57 PM To: (...) (17 years ago, 22-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  determine the degree of turning by using ultrasonic sensor

Is it quick way to determining the # of degree or some value which will help to calculate the distance travelled. more or less like the x= rotation-click.. Is it a way to read how much the motor has turned from a certain point. - Reset motor/sensor (...) (17 years ago, 22-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Introduction of LEJOS OSEK

Hello everyone and special thanks to LEJOS developers, I would like to introduce a new project that is standing on the shoulders of giants. LEJOS OSEK (URL) is an open source firmware for LEGO Mindstorms NXT. LEJOS OSEK consists of I/O driver of (...) (17 years ago, 22-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXC - embedded functions failed

(...) I think having NXC generate a compiler error is a great idea. :-) I will work that into the next beta release (b30). I just released beta 29 today. It has a number of important fixes and enhancements but I just noticed that it has a few new (...) (17 years ago, 22-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  RE: NXC - embedded functions failed

Hi John, Will throwing in a compilation error be a viable option? --Elizabeth -----Original Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway...ugnet.com] On Behalf Of Elizabeth Mabrey Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2007 1:19 PM To: (...) (17 years ago, 21-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: pbLua PCF8574 SOLVED !

(...) Let me say thanks to Dick as well. I think that the NXT firmware does what's called a repeat start in the I2C definition... Here's the part in the I2C spec that is required: (URL) And with pictures: (URL) Hope this helps... Ralph (17 years ago, 21-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking)

  Re: pbLua PCF8574 SOLVED !

(...) Hi Dick, your answer solves my knot :D It's a NXT specific behaviour and all alternatives NXT-OSes which uses original Lego-Source-Lowlevel routines have this feature ? Thanks for your answer Bye Christian (17 years ago, 21-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking)

  RE: pbLua PCF8574 SOLVED ?

(...) This is the excepted behavior. When you want to read from I2C device, the NXT firmware first sends a write message to load the internal index "pointer" for the I2C device and then sends a read message that will read the requested number of (...) (17 years ago, 21-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking)

  Re: pbLua PCF8574 SOLVED ?

(...) Hi, or was it a quirk at my brain to address the i2c-read-address and hope to receive usefull data ? Currently it works for me when using allways the i2c-write address... Are the any demos or samples for NXC, using the PCF8574 ? 1. setting (...) (17 years ago, 21-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking)

  Re: NXC - embedded functions failed

(...) This is definitely a problem in NXC. The problem is that the value of arg "a" (33) to the function Max is being replaced during the second call to Max since it passes 5 into arg "a". It looks like I need to figure out a decent way to implement (...) (17 years ago, 21-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: pbLua PCF8574 SOLVED

(...) Hi, we solved the problem... Lego-Firmware has own brain and handle read/write with own mechanisms ;-( The last read/write bit is handled automatically by lowlevel routines. Reading the same address like writing solves the problem. (...) (17 years ago, 21-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking)

  NXC - embedded functions failed

#include "NXCDefs.h" int Max(int a,int b){ if (a>b) return a; else return b; } task main(){ int Prob=0; Prob = Max(33, Max(5,15)); NumOut(5,LCD_LINE2,false,Prob); //returns 15 WRONG ---...--- Prob = Max(5,15); Prob = Max(33,Prob); (...) (17 years ago, 20-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  press button to return to pbLua-Interpreter

Hi Ralph, times ago, you have added the function to power off the NXT by pressing the orange button... But: what about implementing a function to break every running code and return back to interpreter ? It is very useful for debugging and (...) (17 years ago, 19-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: pbLua Hardware access

(...) All the nice IO-Ports of the ARM-CPU, which are connected to external ports :D But now I think, we did not need it any more. You are fast enough with your development and responses. Forget Peek and Poke from good old C64 times ;-) Thanks a lot (...) (17 years ago, 19-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking)

  Re: pbLua PCF8574

(...) Hi Ralph, we are using this code: collectgarbage( "setpause", 110 ); function setupI2C(port) nxt.InputSetType(port,2) nxt.InputSetDir(port,1,1) nxt.InputSetState(port,1,1) nxt.I2CTimer(3) nxt.I2CInitPins(port) end function ReadPCF(port) (...) (17 years ago, 19-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking)

  Re: pbLua Hardware access

(...) There are no hidden commands, but if it's ABSOLUTELY necessary I can add peek and poke for bytes, words and longs. This may be more dangerous than it's worth :-) What hardware do you need access to? Ralph (17 years ago, 19-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking)

  Re: pbLua PCF8574

(...) No ideas yet, Christian. I do have a Mindsensors kit here to look at over the weekend. Are you SURE you are sending the correct string to read the registers? Can you post the code you're using for the test here? Cheers, Ralph (17 years ago, 19-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking)

  pbLua Hardware access

Hi, is there a way to access the NXT-hardware directly with pbLua ? Are there any hidden commands to allow this ? Any idea ? Thanks in advance Bye Christian (17 years ago, 18-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking)

  pbLua PCF8574

Hi, has anybody successfully tried to read ports from I2C connected PCF8574 with pbLua (Beta-8) ? Writing and setting ports is no problem, but reading ports fails. The return value is every times 0 (not NIL) Any idea ? Thanks in advance Bye (...) (17 years ago, 18-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking)

  Re: NXT pbLua Online for testing

(...) If you like to see how it connected and wired, vistit this URL (URL) blackbox is a Linux-System (running from CF) for NXT-BT/USB communication and CAMserv Bye Christian (17 years ago, 18-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: internals

(...) If you go to (URL) click on the "NXT'reme" button, you will be able to download all sorts of official internals documentation. -- David Schilling (17 years ago, 18-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  internals

I have difficulty in locating info on the internal of the nxt brick. Wonder if anyone may have reference. Thanks in advance! --Elizabeth (17 years ago, 18-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT pbLua Online for testing

(...) I forgot to tell you something ;-( user: nxt pass: pblua Sorry Christian (17 years ago, 18-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT pbLua Online for testing

(...) Additionally you can try the pbLua-PC-emulation. telnet nxt.moccy.dyndns.org Videostream of NXT/pbLua actions follow this weekend. This allows you to watch the running NXT, controled by your commands :D Enjoy and don't kill the system Bye (...) (17 years ago, 18-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NXT pbLua Online for testing

Hello World, I've connected my NXT with powerful pbLua to the internet. Now you can test pbLua without modifying your own NXT. Feel free to connect to public NXT with pbLua. Just try: telnet nxt.moccy.dyndns.org 10001 So far my batteries are full (...) (17 years ago, 18-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NBC arrays

Thank you for the valuable first-hand information. It is a pitty there is no byte-code instruction to copy a part of an array somewhere to a middle of another array (so that one does not have to index and replace element-by-element or allocate a new (...) (17 years ago, 13-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NXT radar

I've built a 'true' NXT radar, using a 4 wire untangler to allow infinite rotation of a Sharp IR sensor from mindsensors.com. Details and images on www.nxtasy.org main page. Guy Ziv NXTasy.org (17 years ago, 12-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  robo soccer

I'm not sure if this is a right forum to ask for this. I am wondering if there is anyone who may be interested in working with 10 high school kids on learning how to do robosoccer. --Elizabeth (17 years ago, 12-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: pbLua Beta 8 - with pixel and battery voltage reading

(...) I questioned the significance of the first one too when one of the pbLua users asked for it. Then, as I was writing some docs for pbLua I realized that it would be a nice way to get screenshots of the display. It's pretty easy to read the (...) (17 years ago, 8-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: pbLua Beta 8 - with pixel and battery voltage reading

snip (...) snip I question the significance of feature #1, but feature #2 sure is a neat trick. How do you do it? (17 years ago, 8-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  pbLua Beta 8 - with pixel and battery voltage reading

All, I should get a life....another pbLua Beta - number 8 - is available at: (URL) What's so special about this one? Well it's got some significant new features including: 1. The ability to read an arbitrary pixel on the display 2. The ability to (...) (17 years ago, 8-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: New Beta 7 for pbLua is available

(...) pbLua Rocks with OSX ! Very good job Ralph! BtConsole works out of the box at OSX. Now cables are from the past :D This song is just for you! demo = {} demo.playMusic = function() vol=1 C1=261;C2=523;C3=1047;C4=2093; (...) (17 years ago, 7-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  New Beta 7 for pbLua is available

All, Yes, I've been busy and I have yet another Beta of pbLua available in the Download link at: (URL) What's so special about this one? Well it's got some significant new features including: 1. The ability to turn the NXT off by pressing the orange (...) (17 years ago, 7-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NBC arrays

(...) I misspoke here. It is not OP_REPLACE which requires that the output array be different from the input array. Using the same arrays as input and output with OP_REPLACE, in fact, is quite normal and usual. I was actually thinking of OP_ARRBUILD (...) (17 years ago, 5-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Rubik's cube solver

Excellent work! I was very impressed! It is amazing how many of the world's amazing minds are involved in the lego hobby : ) God Bless, Nathan (URL) (17 years ago, 5-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  Re: NBC arrays

(...) Perhaps the executable file and bytecode reference PDF explains arrays in a way that would complement the description in the NBC manual. The firmware source code is also a good source of information about how arrays work. (...) The firmware (...) (17 years ago, 4-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Rubik's cube solver

(...) My software runs well both on UNIX and MAC Windows emulators: I tried it successfully. Danny (17 years ago, 4-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Rubik's cube solver

(...) Aw, it's only for Windows / PC's (17 years ago, 3-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Rubik's cube solver

I just watched the video! Brillant!! Great write up and web page. Amazing work! (17 years ago, 4-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Rubik's cube solver

Absolutely fantastic with a clever mechanical design. (17 years ago, 2-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Rubik's cube solver

(...) Daniele, WOW. ummm thats all I can say. WOW. It was nice to see and read about your design, and I thought to myself; nice. THEN I saw the video, and just smiled from ear to ear. The first time I saw the one arm do the "double thwack" to seat (...) (17 years ago, 2-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NXT Rubik's cube solver

Hi. It took time but it is quite done. For details: (URL) (17 years ago, 2-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt) !!

  New pbLua Beta 5 Available

All, You can download and try the latest pbLua Beta 5 with the following enhancements: Enhancements include: 1. Fixed broken I2C implementation 2. Added basic sound for tones and melodies 3. Added first attempt at high speed 485 4. Direct input of (...) (17 years ago, 2-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Wishlist for next pbLua Beta

(...) Hi Ralph, the hardware is ready to take off :D (URL) are your plans to release Beta-4-Preview with improved I2C-Support ? The world wants to use pbLua and not NXT-G or other stuff :-D One real world scenario is "helping handicaped blind guys". (...) (17 years ago, 1-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Classroom experiments gone awry

(...) simple NXT-G programming. Of course, it's most rewarding when the simplest of concepts creates an "Aha!" moment. It's kind of fun using artificial intelligence to bring out the real thing! (17 years ago, 29-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Classroom experiments gone awry

(...) You have the NXT record it for you, perferable in a comma-delimited text file, which you can then import and open right in Excel. Your own home-grown datalog, with a data arrangement you specify. Just use file operations: (URL) other (...) (17 years ago, 29-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Classroom experiments gone awry

(...) I placed a dollar bill with one corner of it pinned under a chair leg. The challenge was to start from the spot and circle around the outside of the legs. Whichever team can do it in less than two tries claims the dollar. I think my dollar is (...) (17 years ago, 29-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Classroom experiments gone awry

(...) Steering under NXT-G is... not exactly intuitive. I tried some experiments a whle back, but I never even tried to play with the steering slider because I had no patience for rough approximations (like trying to see if I had moved the slider (...) (17 years ago, 29-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NBC/NXC beta news

(...) I keep forgetting the not-quite part of your language is an attempt to map operations directly onto the underlying VM. I was hoping to avoid rewriting code but now realize that making all elements of this structure top-level elements will (...) (17 years ago, 29-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NBC arrays

Is there some more detailed (and lower-level) description of how the arrays work in NBC, please? Something that would complement the description in the manual? This is how I see the arrays in NBC/standard firmware: * a compiled program works with (...) (17 years ago, 29-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NBC/NXC beta news

(...) Sorry for not getting back with you sooner about this bug, Rosco. Life comes at you fast, as they say. :-) I investigated this problem today and it looks like I've got it fixed. There were several bugs going on in NBC which were causing the (...) (17 years ago, 28-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NXTasy challenge no. 2

I've postponed the deadline on NXTasy.org challenge no. 2 till June 1st. Also, detailed rules and prizes were published here: (URL) urge the (advanced) readers of Lugnet to contribute to this challenge. I think it's important that MDP/MCP members (...) (17 years ago, 28-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  RE: Classroom experiments gone awry

Your results are not at all what I intuitively expect. From your previous posts, I think the "turn ratio" settings you've used range from 0 to +100 in steps of 10. The following table is what I expected. Turn Inner Expected Observed Ratio Wheel (...) (17 years ago, 28-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Difficulty with WRITE COMMAND over BT

(...) Thank you very much for the reply. It is still consistently puzzling. If I write some other file - for example a text file named file.txt, I can write and close, and see it in the list (through findfirst/findnext) successfully. This works both (...) (17 years ago, 28-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Classroom experiments gone awry

(...) I'm using terms of my own making. These are terms that seem to work with 10 - 12 year olds. By "dominant" I mean the wheel which measures the duration specified in a turn. Sometimes I use the term "outside wheel". For example, a duration of (...) (17 years ago, 28-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Difficulty with WRITE COMMAND over BT

(...) It's hard to say what exactly might be going wrong. Here's how I write a file to the NXT: // write in < 64 byte chunks xferred := 0; aStream.Position := 0; // start at the beginning while xferred < size do begin cnt := Min(size - xferred, (...) (17 years ago, 27-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  FW: Classroom experiments gone awry

It is hard to lay fingers on trouble shooting this without understanding your experiment. Would you clarify your experiment: Hypothesis: ??? Control variable: wheels size? Independent variable : Dependent variable: Procedure: ??? --Elizabeth (...) (17 years ago, 27-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  RE: Classroom experiments gone awry

I'm having trouble understanding the meaning of your results. What do the percentages mean? I'd also just like to check that you used the "run for 10 rotations" as duration with "next action" indicated as stop. What speed did you use for the (...) (17 years ago, 26-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Difficulty with WRITE COMMAND over BT

Hi, I am attempting to download a .rxe program file to NXT from some programming environment that allows communicating over serial port. So I connect to NXT (with 1.04 firmware) from the WinXPSP2 box with BT USB dongle, and use the commands (...) (17 years ago, 26-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Classroom experiments gone awry

(...) What do you mean by "dominant" here? And what is a "tick" on the steering slider equal to? I've done something similar to figure out the behavior with respect to the position of the steering slider, but this is a *great* place to introduce the (...) (17 years ago, 26-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Classroom experiments gone awry

Imagine a classroom with eight 13-year old boys, paired up with a laptop and the standard NXT Edu robot. The 9x9 inch floor tiles made perfect for a little experiment in derivation. Starting at a fixed point and heading, each team marked where the (...) (17 years ago, 26-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NBC/NXC beta news

(...) Well that technique does compile, but produces interesting results: --- #include "NXCDefs.h" struct st { string s1; int i1; } st a1[]; st v1,v2; task main() { v1.s1 = "test"; v1.i1 = 9; NumOut(0,0,v1.i1); TextOut(40,0,v1.s1); (...) (17 years ago, 25-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NBC/NXC beta news

(...) The problem with code of this sort is that the opcodes for manipulating values do not readily allow for this type of operation. To set the variable val to the value of the bxxx field of the structure type stored in your array of structs I (...) (17 years ago, 25-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Another useless utility

(...) I've created a little desktop wrapper for the Mac version of rsoplay called RSOPlayer. You can drag RSO files onto it to play them, double-click RSOPlayer to select files to play with a file browser, or even assign RSOPlayer to handle RSO (...) (17 years ago, 25-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  Re: NBC and Windows Mobile

(...) I also have a Dell X51v PDA and am very interested. I don't own a laptop so my PDA is all I take to brick events. I did fine using OnBrick at the recent BrickFest PDX, but am looking for other options. I don't have a lot of time to help, but I (...) (17 years ago, 24-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Bricxcc news

A new test release of BricxCC is available. It features a built-in NBC/NXC compiler which can be turned on or off via a checkbox on the NBC/NXC Compiler tab. With it turned on you will find that compiling and downloading programs via bluetooth is (...) (17 years ago, 24-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NBC and Windows Mobile

I have a Dell X51v and would like to do the same thing. I don't have any time to help but I would like to be kept in the loop when you get yours working. I can test out your solution on my Dell PPC(Mobile 5). Ronald "John Hansen" (...) (17 years ago, 23-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Another useless utility

rsoplay - Play RSO file on PC --- This is a small program to play NXT sound files (.RSO) on your PC. Not sure why anyone would really want to, but now you can anyway. Now Mac and linux can be just as useless as Windows! Download it (URL) here>. (...) (17 years ago, 23-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  Re: Wishlist for next pbLua Beta

(...) Preparing a filesystemblock with files inside should be not a big problem... Testing can be done by downloading (sending ascii) like today and when finished, prepare the filesystem and download the separate image. When operating system and (...) (17 years ago, 23-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Wishlist for next pbLua Beta

(...) What is the size of code ? I think we need a very small filesystem only. If we can store 32kB it is enough, we didn't want to store MP3 ! (...) What about pressing a button at boot to switch console ? e.g if pressed <enter> ==> BlueTooth else (...) (17 years ago, 23-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Controlling trains with NXT?

(...) Indeed, Steve Hassenplug & I did exactly this at BrickFest 2005 with the GBC trains - we had two trains running around a single loops, but in this case used four isolated sections so that each side fo the loop was under the complete control of (...) (17 years ago, 22-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Controlling trains with NXT?

(...) Block control was fairly common on model train layouts before DCC and other digital solutions became available. If you do a google search for "block control" you should find a few references. Yours is a variant of that. It works, but as you (...) (17 years ago, 22-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Controlling trains with NXT?

As some of you are probably aware, there are people who use DCC controls that allow them to operate two trains independantly on the same stretch of track. This system, however, requires that you hack open motor bogeys to install the DCC control (...) (17 years ago, 21-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Wishlist for next pbLua Beta

I'm getting stuck implementing some features for the next pbLua release, and I'd like some opinions on what is really necessary... (...) This is getting uglier and more complicated than I like. By the time I add a simple FAT12 file system, and link (...) (17 years ago, 22-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Announcing a new book Maximum LEGO NXT

Announcing Maximum LEGO NXT: Building Robots with Java Brains, a new book for LEGO NXT programmers. This is a follow-up to Core LEGO MINDSTORMS Programming. The book includes 14 complete robot plans and over two dozen projects, with a foreword by (...) (17 years ago, 20-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Wishlist for next pbLua Beta

(...) I'm looking at this now. Files to be stored in FLASH. (...) Not too hard to do as long as you don't want to stream data to other robots at the same time... (...) I'll look at adding at least tones soon. (...) Done for Beta4 (not yet released) (...) (17 years ago, 17-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Wishlist for next pbLua Beta

(...) EIA-485 Highspeed support :D Is nobody using pbLua or is everybody happy with Beta-3 ??? Christian (17 years ago, 17-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Using NXT Port 4 EIA-485

ReHi Ralph, (...) I'd like to have some address information for device number added (can be done at a higher layer ?)... EIA-485-Hardwareconcept allows to handle more than one target :D ID0: Master (NXT) ID1: SD ID2: Camera :D ... (...) I hope we (...) (17 years ago, 17-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Using NXT Port 4 EIA-485

(...) Great idea Christian! What kind of API do you need to make this work? I think these might get things started: nxt.RS485SetParam( speed, parity, databits, stopbits ) nxt.RS485SendData( string, bytes ) string = nxt.RS485GetData( bytes ) status = (...) (17 years ago, 17-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Using NXT Port 4 EIA-485

(...) Ralph, I'm using an ATMega8 as frontend processor between NXT and SD-Card. Step1: NXT===>I2C===>ATMega...==>SD-Card Disadvantage: Very low speed (9600) Step2: NXT===>EIA-485===>AT...==>SD-Card This should work in an easy way, FAT-Support for (...) (17 years ago, 17-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NBC/NXC beta news

(...) Structure support is a feature I have been waiting for. I have some large programs that should port easily once structs work. Is an array of struct expected to work? When I try to access a field within an element I get an error: # Error: (...) (17 years ago, 17-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NBC and Windows Mobile

I compiled and ran NBC on my IPAQ running Windows Mobile OS on an ARM CPU today. It didn't work. But it compiled! :-) I will try to look into it a bit more later this week to figure out why it raises an exception. If anyone is interested in helping (...) (17 years ago, 16-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Using NXT Port 4 EIA-485

(...) Christian, There is currently no direct support for this in pbLua, but it's not too hard to add. The HighSpeed port is port 4, and it has basically 3 wires that control how it works. PA4/5 are the RX and TX to UART0 right on the ARM PA7 is RTS (...) (17 years ago, 16-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact