 Robotics / NXT / 694
Re: Difficulty with WRITE COMMAND over BT
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Fri, 27 Apr 2007 12:50:55 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.nxt, Pavel Petrovic wrote:
- however, if I try to download a real .rxe file that was produced using NBC
compiler (and this .rxe file can be downloaded normally using NBC utility and
runs on NXT correctly otherwise), then writing to file works until the last 72
or so characters are to be downloaded. At that time, the WRITE COMMAND simply
does not respond with a reply packet as it should. It happens no matter how
big/small chunks I use to send the data to NXT over bloodytooth (and they are
always less then 64 bytes - the packet limit size).

It's hard to say what exactly might be going wrong.  Here's how I write a file
to the NXT:

    // write in < 64 byte chunks
    xferred := 0;
    aStream.Position := 0; // start at the beginning
    while xferred < size do
    begin
      cnt := Min(size - xferred, kNXT_MaxBytes-3);
      // fill our buffer with the right number of bytes
      for i := 0 to cnt - 1 do
        aStream.Read(buf.Data[i], 1);
      // write these bytes to the NXT
      Result := NXTWrite(handle, buf, cnt, cnt = (size - xferred));
      if not Result then Break;
      inc(xferred, cnt);
    end;

The maximum number of bytes per write is 61 (64-3).  Each command is sent with
the no response flag set (0x81 rather than 0x81) except for the very last
command (when cnt = (size - xferred)).

John Hansen