 Robotics / NXT / 670
Re: Using NXT Port 4 EIA-485
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2007 12:26:05 GMT

1. This is NOT an SPI interface - which is what the SD cards need
2. It's a simple half duplex serial port, so any complex comms
    will need a protocol wrapped around it.
3. It should still be possible to bit-bang the I/O lines, but you
    won't get true SPI out of it since you need CLK, MOSI, MISO for
    SPI.

Ralph

Ralph,
I'm using an ATMega8 as frontend processor between NXT and SD-Card.

Step1: NXT===>I2C===>ATMega8==>SPI===>SD-Card
Disadvantage: Very low speed (9600)
Step2: NXT===>EIA-485===>ATMega8/16===SPI==>SD-Card

This should work in an easy way, FAT-Support for SD-Cards is available
and running...

Bye
Christian