 People / 2450
Re: Shiri - A one time thing?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 20:48:37 GMT

In lugnet.people, Paul Sinasohn writes:

I doubt it. You've shown no ability to think, consider, or learn from anyone
about this issue. Like Jeremy, I have an extremely low opinion of NELUG, and
that will change only when I've seen evidence of an ability to PLAY WELL with
otehrs and be open, thoughtful, and considerate.

NELUG doesn't deserve the L in its name.

Why is this being reopened again?

NELUG has chosen to make rules the way they see fit, a democratic process
validated those rules and I think it's rather immature of YOU to buck
against a club somewhere else and the way they organize. I have a high
opinion of NELUG and what they have been able to accomplish as a group, and
a high opinion of just about every NELUG member I've been priviliged to meet.

As far as Shiri's case goes, I think perhaps NELUG ought to have a "non
NELUG get together that just happens to have most of the NELUG gang
present", if they want to.(1) And if they don't... maybe they're not worthy
of Shiri's friendship?

But I just don't see why this is being discussed here, yet again. It's
likely to provoke flamage again. In fact why didn't Shiri ask this via
email? Asking in public could be argued to be not particularly prudent since
it invites uninvolved third parties (like you and me, Paul, for that matter)
to put their oar in where it doesn't belong.

1 - c.f. the way I advocated MICHLUG members do the show in support of the
church charity as a "bunch of MICHLUGers acting unofficially".